The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

LS on Sold basis only?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For those that have an LS order in, did you have to provide a copy of your driver's license? I am trying to confirm whether or not Ford in only allowing the dealers to order on a sold basis. I had a dealer tell me this but as we all know, most of the time they don't have a clue.

If this turns out to be true it will be sweet.

I didn't supply a DL (this has all been over the phone), but I've bought so many cars from my dealer they probably still have an old copy on file. As a side note, when I ordered a Hybrid, they told me I might get a phone call from someone at Ford confirming that I had indeed ordered a Hybrid.

I have a deposit down on a 4th qtr build for an LS. So far I have not supplied my DL # or a photocopy of same.

When it comes time to sign papers at delivery they will require this but at this point in the process, no.

It doesn't appear that they are ordered on a sold basis, lol. Maybe this was wishful thinking on my part.

BossFred said:
My dealer is getting one,
and it's mine and all I did was put down $500.00 deposit and pick the color I wanted. They have my DL on record.
Fred
$500? I'm getting smoked on the deposit.

5 DOT 0 said:
BossFred said:
My dealer is getting one,
and it's mine and all I did was put down $500.00 deposit and pick the color I wanted. They have my DL on record.
Fred
$500? I'm getting smoked on the deposit.

My dealer didn't ask for a deposit - but, I've been dealing with him for over 15 years...

My dealer took a $500 check deposit, copy of my driver's license to order the car. Ford requires that the dealers have real buyers and that the dealer is not trying to game the allocation system.

phytrpilot said:
My dealer took a $500 check deposit, copy of my driver's license to order the car. Ford requires that the dealers have real buyers and that the dealer is not trying to game the allocation system.
That is correct about Ford wanting proof of real buyers. :)

phytrpilot said:
Ford requires that the dealers have real buyers and that the dealer is not trying to game the allocation system.

this is what I have been trying to figure out. Can a dealer order an LS for stock? If a buyer is required they cannot do so.

Currently a dealer should be able to order a unit either for stock or as a retail unit. As for the question of a Verified Retail Order.... No Ford is not currently doing a verification order. Just because a dealer did or did not request a copy of your DL really means nothing. I sold our LS and did get a DL along with a deposit. Not for Fords purposes but the dealers.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel