The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batman48195 said:
Beautiful! Congrats! I would also like to see a pic of the 1969 428 too.

Brian
And the SVO's too!

cobrakidz said:
Great looking SVO's - wish you saw them more often. Seems like the only time I see them is at the Knott's show in April, do you attend that one?
Im in Fullerton.

I actually host a big BBQ the Saturday before the Knotts show for all my SVO brethren every year.

Good morning! New Boss owner here, just got 2012 CO/White #2275 from a local dealer after a 2 year search. Car was local owned, has several track day appropriate mods and is in super condition. Very excited to finally have it and look forward to fun, track days and waking up the neighbors ;D

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Enzo12 said:
Good morning! New Boss owner here, just got 2012 CO/White #2275 from a local dealer after a 2 year search. Car was local owned, has several track day appropriate mods and is in super condition. Very excited to finally have it and look forward to fun, track days and waking up the neighbors ;D

Cool.

Where are you located??

Welcome!!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Enzo12 said:
We are in the beautiful Lowcounty of SC, greater Hilton Head/Savannah area. Looking forward to meeting local people and learning about the car.

You may want to consider a track day/weekend at VIR. Beautiful facility and an amazing track.

There are a few clubs which hold events there through out the year.

Definitely want to hit VIR, would love to time that with other members/Boss drivers that know the track and would be willing to instruct there. I have thousands of laps and Mid-Ohio and would really like to get there this year in a "fast" car lol! Roebling Road is in our backyard, so that will likely be first. I've been told that I would love VIR, so it's definitely on the to-do list ;D

Don in Virginia said:
I'm a new member here. I have an early production Boss 302 made in February 2011. It is performance white with Recaros and Torsen. It's a 2012 car number 72.

Yours was built two months ahead of mine. I have a 2012 LS number 110 and that is the 110th LS not the 110th Boss. I believe they built about 300+ a month, thus they would have been up to at least 600 in total when my was built. Having # 72 truly is an early build!!

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Enzo12 said:
Definitely want to hit VIR, would love to time that with other members/Boss drivers that know the track and would be willing to instruct there. I have thousands of laps and Mid-Ohio and would really like to get there this year in a "fast" car lol! Roebling Road is in our backyard, so that will likely be first. I've been told that I would love VIR, so it's definitely on the to-do list ;D

I used to live just up 17 from you in Charleston. I know the first Boss in SC is there, unless he he's jumping ship to the GT350. Check out CMP as it's also not too far away from you and is an underrated track IMO.

Hello,

I found this forum about a month ago and was thrilled to finally find a mustang forum that is focused on track events, instead of focusing on taillight upgrades and which 20in rim will not rub. I own a 2012 Mustang GT that I frequently race in either auto-x or track time trial events (NASA and SCCA). I have been doing SCCA auto-x for the past 10 years, and track events since 2012. Since I moved back to Southern Oklahoma I have been attending more track events in the central and south eastern Texas area (Dallas and Houston). I try to do at least one race per month, either auto-x or track day. My car used to be my daily driver; however, since I keep upgrading the car and making it more track worthy, it seems to see less and less time on the road. I'm happy to be a member of this forum, and contributing to it.

James

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
jhayes84 said:
Hello,

I found this forum about a month ago and was thrilled to finally find a mustang forum that is focused on track events, instead of focusing on taillight upgrades and which 20in rim will not rub. I own a 2012 Mustang GT that I frequently race in either auto-x or track time trial events (NASA and SCCA). I have been doing SCCA auto-x for the past 10 years, and track events since 2012. Since I moved back to Southern Oklahoma I have been attending more track events in the central and south eastern Texas area (Dallas and Houston). I try to do at least one race per month, either auto-x or track day. My car used to be my daily driver; however, since I keep upgrading the car and making it more track worthy, it seems to see less and less time on the road. I'm happy to be a member of this forum, and contributing to it.

James

Welcome James!

jhayes84 said:
Hello,

I found this forum about a month ago and was thrilled to finally find a mustang forum that is focused on track events, instead of focusing on taillight upgrades and which 20in rim will not rub.
LMAO and we do that on occasion but have clearly moved to being a track focused forum for all Mustangs. Welcome and we look forward to your contributions to our discussions. Post some photos of your car when you get a chance.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
NFSBOSS said:
LMAO and we do that on occasion but have clearly moved to being a track focused forum for all Mustangs. Welcome and we look forward to your contributions to our discussions. Post some photos of your car when you get a chance.

Rick - aren't you running 20" spinners on track ? ;-)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel