The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: New Introductions

Well even though I've been around the block here a time or two, I figure I'll give Rick some love for cleaning up the forums :):

I'm Sean and I'm a P-3C NFO with 6 years on active duty. I've done 2 deployments hitting 5 of the 7 continents along the way. I currently reside in Florida but am moving out to California in February. I've been married to my wife, Julie, since July of 2011 and we just welcomed our first child, Jackson, back in October (I get to meet him tomorrow!). My Boss is my 2nd Mustang, the first being an '06 GT I bought when I couldn't get a Shelby for sticker. I also have a 2006 MINI Cooper S John Cooper Works edition, which is 1 of less than 100 in the world in purple haze with silver roof and the JCW package. It's my daily driver. The wife has a VW Passat, which surprisingly isn't too bad to drive and easy on gas. So amongst the 3 cars, I have the trifecta: a N/A (Boss), a S/C (MINI), and a turbo (VW). Think that's kinda cool.

We're both avid fans of the University of Florida and have a lot of navy in our blood. We are currently 3 year season ticket holders for the Jaguars (laugh, I know).

First and foremost, thank you for your service!

This event looks like a blast, but I am scheduled to run another track the following weekend and it will be tough to get the consecutive weekends off.

Re: how many tires I can fit in a GT350...that's an excellent question. I plan to run One Lap of America in the car in May, so I am banking on at least two.

I've been told/shown that you can fit four 335 Hoosiers in the rear seat area with the other in the spare tire well. I plan on testing this for myself at some point, though with 305s not 335s :)

Hello TMO!
Been browsing the forums for quite some time and finally joined up.
Getting ready for my first track day, planning to do around 3 this year if it goes well.
My only experience until now is Skip Barber 3-day school at Laguna Seca.

I have a (never ending) project car, 2000 Mustang GT, that was an overpowered street car that I hope to one day be a track-only toy.
It is doing what project cars do and collecting dust in my garage until I can rebuild.

Mostly drive my 2012 GT/CS with basically just shocks/springs and GT500 axle back.
My goal is to ease into some track days and learn the car in mostly stock form before adding any more mods.

Oh and to pay for all the fun stuff I work as a Mechanical Engineer (but not in the automotive industry).

Hello TMO!
Been browsing the forums for quite some time and finally joined up.
Getting ready for my first track day, planning to do around 3 this year if it goes well.
My only experience until now is Skip Barber 3-day school at Laguna Seca.

I have a (never ending) project car, 2000 Mustang GT, that was an overpowered street car that I hope to one day be a track-only toy.
It is doing what project cars do and collecting dust in my garage until I can rebuild.

Mostly drive my 2012 GT/CS with basically just shocks/springs and GT500 axle back.
My goal is to ease into some track days and learn the car in mostly stock form before adding any more mods.

Oh and to pay for all the fun stuff I work as a Mechanical Engineer (but not in the automotive industry).
Welcome! I’m on east coast. I’ve been doing HPDEs for several years but the end of next month will be my first time in my mustang. I’m looking forward to it and hope you have a great time at your upcoming event!

@Opolis wekcome to TMO. Post some photos of your cars when you get a chance.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Welcome Opolis!

I might have a similar problem in my garage. But the 2000 GT is black and the 2012 is orange.
16127246988_03161e6cf2.jpg

Steve here, just purchased a 2017 GT350R as a dedicated track toy. I am a NASA driving instructor in the Rocky Mountain region, and I do Lemons and AER/WRL races in other folk's cars. I have a Spec Z race car for NASA sprint races, but I've found it's too much work and money for two 20 minute races per weekend, so it's for sale. I can't wait to have a fun world-class street car that's track-ready to take to the street or track whenever I wish.
I'm waiting to have my R delivered some time before the end of the month. I already have some goodies to install (Bob's catch cans, tow hook, splitter protectors, rear splash guards, Vorschlag camber plates, PPF.) The future holds a roll bar and harness, squared track wheel setup, MGW shifter, caliper studs, and maybe some suspension mods I see going on in this forum and elsewhere, but don't yet fully understand. Looking forward to collaborating with and learning from the big brains on the forum!

Attachments

• GT350R.jpg
    GT350R.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 53
Hey, Salil, I see you are in Colorado...do you do any NASA Rocky Mountain events, or do you do PCA and/or SCCA? Hope to see you out at Pueblo or High Plains, it would be cool to have two R's at the track!
Steve
Hi Guys,
My name is Salil. I picked up a GT350R a few weeks ago after searching/obsessing for nearly two years. I've got a few years of road racing and autocross experience. I've never owned a Mustang before and so far I am absolutely loving this car. I hope to pick the hive brain regarding setup and parts.

View attachment 3122

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
No, no real story, though my wife sometimes thinks I'm retarded due to the cost of my motorsports obsession. Yes, thanks to the info on this site, I should be ready to roll for the first NASA event at Pueblo Motorsports Park in mid-April.

I run with the RM NASA boys too. Can't make Pueblo but perhaps I'll see you at High plains later on in July. Currently looking for a car hauler to take my Boss longer distances. You'll love the boys at NASA, real down to earth and more interested in growing the sport than looking down their noses.

Hello All:
My name is Guy. From SE Michigan. I got a '17 GT350 last April after selling '14 GT500 and look to get back on the track with it. I did events [Gingerman and Waterford] in the past with my Focus SVT and Boss 302. I stumbled across this site this morning while looking for brake information and found Caliperfexion studs (ordered a set BTW). Place looks interesting. I hope I can contribute.

TMO Supporting Vendors