The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

MGW Boss 302 shift ball with CNC jam nut - price drop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This shift ball uses the coarse thread pitch, which means it will NOT fit on the factory gear shift lever. It fits MGW shifters prior to the race-spec. Excellent condition. $20.95 including shipping anywhere in the continental USA.
IMG_1498.jpg
IMG_1500.jpg

Re: MGW Boss 302 shift ball with CNC jam nut

Im interested and have n MGW, but my stock ball fit on my MGW so not sure why this one won't. Any input

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

WinterSucks said:
MGW gave the option of choosing which threads you wanted when ordering, IIRC.

MGW's earlier designs, which had a removable shaft, gave you the option of which thread pitch you wanted to use. Since I always change my mind, I ordered both for an extra $10.

Later designs have a fixed upper shaft with stock type threads. This does limit your options for shifter balls.

TMSBOSS said:
MGW's earlier designs, which had a removable shaft, gave you the option of which thread pitch you wanted to use. Since I always change my mind, I ordered both for an extra $10.

Later designs have a fixed upper shaft with stock type threads. This does limit your options for shifter balls.

This. I can confirm the thread pitch with George at MGW, and it may fit other aftermarket shifters, but it will not fit on a shaft that uses the same thread pitch as the factory ball. At the time I got my shifter, the slightly larger MGW shift balls were not available in the factory thread pitch. It was my understanding that most of the aftermarket units used this pitch and that the stock unit was the outlier. YMMV.

The thread pitch on the shifter and jam nut is m12 X 1.75.

TMO Supporting Vendors