The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Minneapolis 3rd QTR Craigslist for MSRP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That's close to me. It sure looks like the prices may be dropping by the end of the model year. My bet is there are going to be several that end up in small dealers hands like this in rural areas where there's just not much market for a car like a Boss.

As cool as the Boss is there's a much more limited market for it compared to a fully loaded GT500. And with gas prices headed to $4.50 a gallon it could get more limited.

GA
cloud9 said:
That's close to me. It sure looks like the prices may be dropping by the end of the model year. My bet is there are going to be several that end up in small dealers hands like this in rural areas where there's just not much market for a car like a Boss.

I know a dealer here in GA that got a LS allocation and he is in a primarily truck and family car market. He has a new loaded 2010 GT500 that he can't even get rid of at invoice. When I was discussing the Boss with a salesperson she said that another dealer offered him 5 or 6K to let it go to them, and I told her to tell her boss to take the money and run. I sounds like he would never net that much by handling the car.

I was tempted about the GT500 and also wanted to order a Boss through them, but she told me they would not take my Bullitt trade since they can't sell Mustangs.

PJWANNABE said:
cloud9 said:

I know a dealer here in GA that got a LS allocation and he is in a primarily truck and family car market. He has a new loaded 2010 GT500 that he can't even get rid of at invoice. When I was discussing the Boss with a salesperson she said that another dealer offered him 5 or 6K to let it go to them, and I told her to tell her boss to take the money and run. I sounds like he would never net that much by handling the car.

I was tempted about the GT500 and also wanted to order a Boss through them, but she told me they would not take my Bullitt trade since they can't sell Mustangs.
They could wholesale the Bullitt if they wanted too.
Just saying ;)

GA
BossFred said:
PJWANNABE said:
cloud9 said:

They could wholesale the Bullitt if they wanted too.
Just saying ;)

Yep, "want to" are the operative words. :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel