The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Money Gone! Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You note in your build if you continue you will likely need to do a lot of upgrades and honestly with what you have already done you can do just a few things and she will rock and roll with the best of them.Go out and have fun and then look at the simple things that help you go faster --- wheels, tires, solid brake pads, good track alignment , camber plates. That is really about all you really need with all you have done already.

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Virginia
You note in your build if you continue you will likely need to do a lot of upgrades and honestly with what you have already done you can do just a few things and she will rock and roll with the best of them.Go out and have fun and then look at the simple things that help you go faster --- wheels, tires, solid brake pads, good track alignment , camber plates. That is really about all you really need with all you have done already.
Well, actually I can't take any credit yet. The car is as stock as they come when you by a Roush Stage 3. It comes with all the goodies I listed, and more. At this point I really need to just learn how to harness the power. I've had some hotrods in my day, but this one is the strongest runner i've driven to date. The one I'm selling is an 01" GT that I built from the ground up. However, its more of a hybrid between road racer, and drag car. It's lowered 2" with all aftermarket racing suspension more for road racing, but is an automatic with a built trans and stall convertor for those quick launches out of the hole.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel