The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Mustang GT4 build pics Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have they fired it up yet?

DFW, TX
You may not be able to answer this yet, but I'm curious about the airbox. It looked like a GT 350 airbox not a standard, enclosed GT unit (which the GT4 race cars use). With the GT4 hood, the vents are above the airbox, so it will not seal to the hood. Do you know if they are building a separate lid? Looks like they removed the rubber hood seal. I have selfish reasons for asking since I may get the GT4 hood vents.

The car looks awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Great pics.

I believe the stock 350/R airbox is a source of hood lift and intake leakage under hood flutter conditions. Obviously vented hoods increase leakage.

For my Race car build, I fabricated a Lexan lid and bolted it to the trimmed airbox upper. Will be interested to see how Ben’s GT4 build turns out.

50189C0B-1EAB-4806-A2EE-64FE334F3117.jpeg

Last edited:
DFW, TX
Great pics.

I believe the stock 350/R airbox is a source of hood lift and intake leakage under hood flutter conditions. Obviously vented hoods increase leakage.

For my Race car build, I fabricated a Lexan lid and bolted it to the trimmed airbox upper. Will be interested to see how Ben’s GT4 build turns out.

View attachment 4372
I never thought of that, but that certainly makes sense. I also noticed MM had not installed the aero catch hood pins yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Great pics.

I think they're planning the same approach for the GT4. It's not final yet, but here's a more specific photo:

2018_06_06_MNV_TOR_2326.JPG

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel