The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang Roundup V 2015 - Motorsport Park Hastings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm just signed up as well.

Ford's All-Star Lineup keeps growing for this event

We have the following Ford attendees confirmed so far and expect the list to keep growing! You will not want to miss this chance to see the GT350s getting after it! Over this three day event you'll have more exposure to the GT350 than you will get at any other upcoming event.

So far we have:

Todd Soderquist - Global Chief Engineer, Ford Fusion/Mondeo Programs
Mike Makled - Electrical Engineer for Shebly Programs
Darrell Behmer - Chief Designer for Ford Exteriors
Bart Marowelli - New Model Launch Manager
Mike Berardi – Director, Ford Customer Service Engineering
Chuck Drake – TBD on attendance still. Mustang Vehicle Engineering

Hope to see you at MPH in September!

Had a great time with John (LS110) at the NASA event this weekend! The new alfalfa barn is a great addition to the track. George has another one planned in the SW paddock area.

IMG_20150814_190251051_zpshugiueo1.jpg

cloud9 said:
Had a great time with John (LS110) at the NASA event this weekend! The new alfalfa barn is a great addition to the track. George has another one planned in the SW paddock area.

IMG_20150814_190251051_zpshugiueo1.jpg

The barn was an amazing air conditioner. Very nice to have that option.

Gary - Have you seen a schedule posted? I thought George said there was one posted on his site and I can't find it. Trying to decide when I need to depart given my 9 hour drive.

LS110 said:
The barn was an amazing air conditioner. Very nice to have that option.

Gary - Have you seen a schedule posted? I thought George said there was one posted on his site and I can't find it. Trying to decide when I need to depart given my 9 hour drive.
George just sent me the preliminary schedule to review. It looks great! You better bring plenty of tires because we are getting a TON of track time. On top of that he's squeezing in a car show, Ford presentations, autocross and lots of food! It should be up on their website very soon.

On another note, here are some pictures from that epic Saturday afternoon battle. I hope you have some good video to post up :D

MPH080915-1_zpsymzp8q1h.jpg

MPH080915-2_zpsofu5onsu.jpg

MPH080915-4_zps0mmz9bco.jpg

MPH080915-3_zpsjfbadbt6.jpg

MPH080915-5_zpsgz9bvbsm.jpg

MPH080915-6_zpseqg5ayt1.jpg

cloud9 said:
The schedule is up. Hope to see many of you at MPH next month! 8)

http://www.racemph.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Roundup-Schedule-2015.pdf

Thanks for posting this and the schedule looks great! That answered my question as to when I should arrive. Planning to get there Thursday late afternoon.

George told me that Garage 10 has also become available for rent this weekend. It's a two bedroom condo with large garage below. Contact George if you are interested in renting it for the weekend.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
steveespo said:
Drew
Are you coming up for the event? Would be great to meet you.
Steve

Not this year. I have been very vocal about going every year but it never works out for me. I'd like to say 2016 is my year but my track record (pun intended) speaks for itself.

It would be nice to meet and run together, I agree!

It does look like the team has done a great job of making each year more enticing than the last, as well!

Just received an update on the Ford attendees for the event. This year's event just keeps getting better!

Todd Soderquist - Global Chief Engineer, Ford Fusion/Mondeo Programs – Todd was the Mustang Product Planning Manager for the Boss 302 and S550 Mustangs before moving to the Fusion/Mondeo Programs. Originally from Hastings, NE, Todd has his two Boss 302 LS #22 from 2012 and 2013 at MPH and will soon call it home to a new Shelby GT350R that we all hope arrives before the Roundup.

Mike Makled - Electrical Engineer for Shelby Programs - Mike Makled, electrical engineer for Shelby programs will be bringing out his personal GT350R. Mike was just featured in the attached article that you may have seen: http://racing.ford.com/series/more-racing/news/articles/2015/07/helby-gt350-gets-racing-inspired-customizable-shift-light-indica.html

Darrell Behmer - Chief Designer for Ford Exteriors is one of the creative geniuses behind most of the S197 and S550 Mustangs. He will be taking to the track in one of his own design projects, his personal Silver Boss 302 Laguna Seca. All of us that get to enjoy the fruits of his labor as we watch him go by. One of many links on Darrell:
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2012/03/07/darrell-behmer--designing-the-face-of-ford-mustang.pdf

Bart Marowelli - New Model Launch Manager – Bart is back again for another year! Last year he showed up in a brand new 2015 Mustang with Track Pack. Can’t wait to see what he brings this year!

Mike Berardi – Director, Ford Customer Service Engineering will be getting a new GT350R to join the rest of his 35+ Mustang fleet including Cobra R’s from 93/95/00, GT500KR, and Bosses from 12/13. We look forward to a virtual tour of his garage during the presentation Friday night!

Chuck Drake –Mustang Vehicle Engineering - Chuck has been a regular at the Mustang Roundup and we sure hope he can make it again this year with his Boss 302. Even better, we hope to see him there with his father and brother in their Boss 302s.

And More – We expect some more surprise VIP guests from Ford in their own one of a kind Mustangs.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
LS110:
Thank you for posting this vid of you and Cloud9 taking Hastings by storm. I really like to see our S197 Boss 302's taking command of a track as both of you did on this day. Poor little Lotus.

LS, you did a great job of closing the gap with Cloud9 after getting by traffic and both of you certainly know how to drive fast!

I type this as it always amazes me to know that I too have a Track capable Boss 302 sitting right out there in my garage. Now as for the Owner of my Boss 302, well. . . . Not so much!

Thanks again and have a great season and stay safe.
Dave
302 Hi Pro

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
LS110 said:
Here is a great vid from last weekend at the MPH NASA event of me trying to catch Gary.

https://youtu.be/Oz9VxphHqL8

Awesome, awesome, awesome.

I gotta get out to MPH one of these days. You say this is a NASA event? That's great cause that's the one I joined. Won't be seeing you boys out there as I'm still HPDE but I know I'd love to see you guys running live out there. Next year is a familiar refrain but I mean it this tyme!

TMO Supporting Vendors