The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

NASATX Labor Day Bash Sept 3-4th @ MSR Houston

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
San Antonio
I ran my first event at MSR Houston with NASA Texas this past weekend and had a blast. It was a nice facility and as always, everyone was friendly and helpful. The track has a very nice flow to it with long straightaways to let the GT350 stretch it's legs. The car handled beautifully, was a monster on the track, and held up terrific against the heat. I am working my way up the HPDE ranks and moved into HPDE 2 and ended up with a 1:53.034 best time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ9Qm45OLFc.

Here is another video of the last full session of the weekend. This was a combination of 1,2,3,4 run groups and I was able to run through some traffic and reel in a few cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGqxhkCXo_s

NASA is a great organization and I would recommend looking into them if you aren't already a member.

Very nice. How many track days have you done in total?

The Drivers Edge. I did a write-up of my experience. Since im going to try to be more active here I'll post it here. First time on-track in 7 years. Hope to go back in Nov then TWS in Dec.

Car is a 16 Base PP GT with a few performance mods.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

btaylor101 said:
I ran my first event at MSR Houston with NASA Texas this past weekend and had a blast. It was a nice facility and as always, everyone was friendly and helpful. The track has a very nice flow to it with long straightaways to let the GT350 stretch it's legs. The car handled beautifully, was a monster on the track, and held up terrific against the heat. I am working my way up the HPDE ranks and moved into HPDE 2 and ended up with a 1:53.034 best time.

Here is another video of the last full session of the weekend. This was a combination of 1,2,3,4 run groups and I was able to run through some traffic and reel in a few cars

NASA is a great organization and I would recommend looking into them if you aren't already a member.

I see you ran the course in 3rd and 4th only. That's what i should have done. I shifted too much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
San Antonio
So far the only track I have to go to 5th on is TWS. I'll be there with Driver's Edge Oct 22nd and 23rd. I'm headed to NOLA with NASA in November.

TMO Supporting Vendors