The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 NEME5I5 Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Cool color and very sanitary build! You may get a few suggestions from TMO members to consider a heavier N/A rebuild than going with a Supercharger . You will need to spend extra keeping that motor cool with a S/C on a road course, and that add a bunch to the mod bill. Good luck with whatever you end up doing as the car is a looker and I bet you get a lot of comments at the track or autocross.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Cincinnati, OH
Cool color and very sanitary build! You may get a few suggestions from TMO members to consider a heavier N/A rebuild than going with a Supercharger . You will need to spend extra keeping that motor cool with a S/C on a road course, and that add a bunch to the mod bill. Good luck with whatever you end up doing as the car is a looker and I bet you get a lot of comments at the track or autocross.
Thanks Bill! I’ve put a lot of thought into the SC and THINK I have heat management sorted but am all ears. I’ve got a Mishimoto Rad, MMR Oil Cooler, CSX Intercooler, Meth Injection and Hood/Fender Vents. Regardless I appreciate your kind words and input!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Do make sure you get some wide rubber to hold all that power down, she will have a few more horses, ha. Check rules if running meth injection and doing Time Trials.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Cincinnati, OH
Do make sure you get some wide rubber to hold all that power down, she will have a few more horses, ha. Check rules if running meth injection and doing Time Trials.
It will get 11’s and 315’s. I’ll likely get a second set of wheels with slicks and keep the 10’s / 275’s for street driving.

The car isn’t being built for competition at this point but I will check the rule book for NASA and GL as I can’t rule out doing some TT events.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
No problem, I am a NASA and Porsche Instructor and there are plenty of good Porsche Groups out there. Most of the drivers in the Kansas, Nebraska , and Western Iowa got their early track experiences with the Great Plains Porsche Club or the KC Region Porsche Club. They both had a lot of track rats and they welcomed all drivers. The last DE for Great Plains had a Miata, BMW, Corvette, and me in my Mach 1 ( well I was there to help , ha ) running with the Porsches.

TMO Supporting Vendors