The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New wing option for 11-14 S197, nine lives racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
Johnny Cichowski used to work with OG Racing and started nine lives on the side. He used to run in TT for NASA SE with a gutted Miata w/ LS engine swap. Great guy, used to do a lot of the safety seminars for the HPDE program. He recently left OGRacing to go full out in his own with 9lives. From knowing Johnny, I believe in his system. I believe he would take care of any of us here who wish to do business with him, and hope he lives up to my recommendation!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Am thinking that the off the chart values will come with consequences!!? Like perpetual push!! The two APR starred values you have were also at a 10 deg angle of attack?? If I had that much downforce I imagine I would have to do lots of modes up front to even out the down force…

Was impressed at how the Gurney flaps have a impressive difference to the numbers and are quick to change size depending on conditions.

With big fat wallet I think the APR wing would be a no brainer...... But do like helping out the underdog if it’s a half price!!
Maybe its me trying to fix driver errors, but I have crashed twice recently with a loose tail.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Am thinking that the off the chart values will come with consequences!!? Like perpetual push!! The two APR starred values you have were also at a 10 deg angle of attack?? If I had that much downforce I imagine I would have to do lots of modes up front to even out the down force…
No, 4º on the 'main' airfoil and 40º and 52º on the 'flap' 2nd element.

Was impressed at how the Gurney flaps have a impressive difference to the numbers and are quick to change size depending on conditions.
Agreed. They would be very easy to 'tune', but would need to own a multiple ones.

With big fat wallet I think the APR wing would be a no brainer...... But do like helping out the underdog if it’s a half price!!
Maybe its me trying to fix driver errors, but I have crashed twice recently with a loose tail.

I know, I know. Easy to suggest 'what I'd do' when it's not my money!!

And the potential for high speed push is definitely there. Needing to improve front aero and/or learning to drive with the push are potential consequences. Winning more races is another. ;)

One more downside to the double APR is the need to have your uprights fabricated...:(

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
If I order a wing today, it will not arrive in time for the next race on the 15th... so will see how I do with a splitter and grill etc first, then if my time is less then 1:10, will scramble like crazy for a wing! But just the simple wing with three gurney flaps to play with.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
9Lives wing is on at last.
upload_2019-10-12_14-25-24.png

preliminary trail runs with the car... so many changes hard to tell whats up. Will see how the wing does on a faster track next weekend.
upload_2019-10-12_14-26-57.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-12_14-23-39.png
    upload_2019-10-12_14-23-39.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel