The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pics of your Boss 302 or S197 Mustang at the track!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Re: Pics of your Boss or Mustang at the track!!!

TymeSlayer said:
Not the greatest picture but the best my wife could do. This past Sunday at HPR

IMG_2319_zpsfkv6emkn.jpg

She still gets points for: 1) going to the track with you and 2) for taking pics at all 8)

I just get flak for going ;)

DIJON this week (Two days event)
gallery_12429_213_184412.jpg

gallery_12429_213_65266.jpg

gallery_12429_213_34249.jpg

gallery_12429_213_26464.jpg

gallery_12429_213_88134.jpg

First time with a square setup + a watts link (Cortex)
The best two track days with this Mustang ever!
gallery_12429_213_324030.jpg

gallery_12429_213_693412.jpg

NFSBOSS said:
Patrick looking good! Did you make any suspension modification for the square setup other than the WL?
My sway bars are not OEM they are FRPP GT bars.
So I have a slightly smaller rear sway bar than that of the LS and I have the adj frt. at its shorter hole setting (stronger than the LS one at this position).
The watts pivot is at the 2nd position from the bottom. I also have the Cortex LCA + bracket and it is at the middle hole (between stock hole and lower bracket hole).
I left my KW3 as they were and did not change anything else.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

steveespo said:
From Northwoods Shelby at Road America

How are you liking the MM JRis??

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

ArizonaBOSS said:
How are you liking the MM JRis??

Me like spring rate and DA dampers! Definitely make the car quicker and more responsive. I am going to work on corner balancing and weight reduction next as soon as I fix the throwout bearing. You have to get to some of our grand old tracks Drew, Road America, VIR, Watkins Glen, Mid Ohio, and Road Atlanta would be a great circle for you to do a 4 week tour to. Black Boss and I are scheming on how to do a Sonoma, Laguna and Willow Springs circuit next year.

Anyone know a good bankruptcy/divorce lawyer?

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

steveespo said:
Me like spring rate and DA dampers! Definitely make the car quicker and more responsive. I am going to work on corner balancing and weight reduction next as soon as I fix the throwout bearing. You have to get to some of our grand old tracks Drew, Road America, VIR, Watkins Glen, Mid Ohio, and Road Atlanta would be a great circle for you to do a 4 week tour to. Black Boss and I are scheming on how to do a Sonoma, Laguna and Willow Springs circuit next year.

What is important is that our wives do NOT know a good divorce lawyer!! ;D

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

steveespo said:

That's gonna cost a chunk of change, for sure. I'm trying to figure out how to get to Road Atlanta next year sometime...maybe.

Keep me in the loop on your plans for the West Coast tracks, I might be able to join you guys. NASA events preferred, although Hooked On Driving and/or Speedventures will also work. I would highly suggest factoring Thunderhill into your plans. I think that is my favorite track out of all three of the ones you have listed. Willow Springs is the fastest, without a doubt (requires largest cojones). Sonoma the most technical (although the new Thunderhill West addition is also very technical), and Laguna is fast and fun but filled with walls, Thunderhill is fast and open.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan

ArizonaBOSS said:
That's gonna cost a chunk of change, for sure. I'm trying to figure out how to get to Road Atlanta next year sometime...maybe.

Keep me in the loop on your plans for the West Coast tracks, I might be able to join you guys. NASA events preferred, although Hooked On Driving and/or Speedventures will also work. I would highly suggest factoring Thunderhill into your plans. I think that is my favorite track out of all three of the ones you have listed. Willow Springs is the fastest, without a doubt (requires largest cojones). Sonoma the most technical (although the new Thunderhill West addition is also very technical), and Laguna is fast and fun but filled with walls, Thunderhill is fast and open.

Absolutely want to do Thunderhill. Also need to find a high dB or unlimited day at LS -- no way I'll get close to 90dB.

Need to get Steve's lawyer lined up for Jan/Feb 16 8)

TMO Supporting Vendors