The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Quick Thumbs Up to AED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I recently contacted Shaun about a Road Race tune for my car. He emailed me back the same day with a reply. I sent him the money and he sent my tune all in one day. Not only that, he updated my street tune for no charge.

It is customer service like that that keeps people coming back. I will always recommend Shaun for tunes.

Thank you
Robert W

Tulsa, OK
Road course tune:

Disabled advance track / traction control like the Drag tune
Richer Air Fuel at WOT
Fans turn on earlier
Lower ignition timing programmed
Engine braking

HIGHLY recommended you run 5 octane points MORE than normal when on the road course, or run E85.

roadhouse said:
Road course tune:

Disabled advance track / traction control like the Drag tune
Richer Air Fuel at WOT
Fans turn on earlier
Lower ignition timing programmed
Engine braking

HIGHLY recommended you run 5 octane points MORE than normal when on the road course, or run E85.

I run his E85 tunes and they are excellent but when you are in the spring or fall the Ethanol percent is so bad here in Michigan that we are already running rich as hell.

And with E85 running cool keeping detonation at bay maybe you don't need to take away as much power!

Big issue, carry enough E85 containers and don't forget a good funnel.

ArizonaBOSS said:
My AED tune has been great. Make sure your fueling meets Shaun's recommendations, though.

Shaun recommends tuning on full e85if u are a cold climate dweller. That's because when Michigan changes to e70 in spring winter and fall the engine will run extra rich. If he did the master tune on e70.. Then once summer hit real 85% e would make you run lean.

Tulsa, OK
twistedneck said:
Shaun recommends tuning on full e85if u are a cold climate dweller. That's because when Michigan changes to e70 in spring winter and fall the engine will run extra rich. If he did the master tune on e70.. Then once summer hit real 85% e would make you run lean.

In my opinion, that's the best practice regardless of what climate you live in. I tuned my car on "true" e85 so that I never have to worry about testing fuel. If I happen to run e70 it just runs a little rich. Easier and safer this way.

roadhouse said:
In my opinion, that's the best practice regardless of what climate you live in. I tuned my car on "true" e85 so that I never have to worry about testing fuel. If I happen to run e70 it just runs a little rich. Easier and safer this way.

It does get pretty stinky on E70 - smells like someone spilled Everclear all over the exhaust and then burned it off. Not having cats makes this worse and i do get some 'smells like bad wine' complaints. but it is worth it. The car will adjust long term trims until it hits 15% then the engine light will come on. i have not seen that yet.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel