The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rear seat belt.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

After installing the Watson Roll Bar, I am planning on removing the rear seat belt hardware and belt mechanism. Does anyone know if there are any electrical issues or sensors I should be concerned about?

Thanks. T50 Torx wrench, right. I can't get it down to the bolt too well because of the plastic sidewall panels. I am planning on cutting the wrench piece down to a nub, with a hacksaw, then placing it in the bolt. Crazy?

It might help you to go to the website directions for the Ford Rear Seat Delete Kit. I just installed one using those directions. They spell it all out pretty clearly and there were lots of steps. Good Luck.

The Watson bar comes with nice detailed instructions, the instruction link was also posted on the Watson group buy thread if you want to check them out. The hardest part of the install is not breaking the plastic door sill molded fasteners with their blue fasteners.

Great choice on the Watson.... The bar fits perfectly and is very well made and finished.

Steve

mopar75110 said:
It might help you to go to the website directions for the Ford Rear Seat Delete Kit. I just installed one using those directions. They spell it all out pretty clearly and there were lots of steps. Good Luck.

Good idea, I'll check it out.

SDS said:
The Watson bar comes with nice detailed instructions, the instruction link was also posted on the Watson group buy thread if you want to check them out. The hardest part of the install is not breaking the plastic door sill molded fasteners with their blue fasteners.

Great choice on the Watson.... The bar fits perfectly and is very well made and finished.

Steve

The instructions also came with the kit. I don't believe the rear seat belt hardware was in those instructions. It is a nice kit and nice fit. The powder-coated silver is catchy as well. I haven't broken anything yet, like a window, etc. I'm putting most of the paneling and seat bottom back this weekend.

You can see, the rear seat belts (and hardware) are still in place. Their kit does not address my question. My roll bar is in and the back is competely devoid of paneling. I just need to remove the seat belts.

wrseatdeleteDSC01510_zps7d363dbe.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors