The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 rhino5oh's 2018 Shelby GT350 Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've started to slowly descend deeper down the rabbit hole of HPDE and tracking my GT350 over the past few years. Since I've now reached the point of no return by cutting up my stock hood, I figured I’d start detailing my journey here 😆

I just installed a GT4 center hood vent this week. Although there was no template for it, it was pretty straightforward since it follows the curves that are already in the hood. Big thanks to @Black Boss for letting me examine his car in person and take pics & measurements to help me get started.

My entire hood is PPF’d and I was really concerned that cutting would fray/melt the PPF and/or vinyl stripes badly. But to my surprise that wasn’t the case and it turned out great and without issue. The masking tape helped a bunch.

I have the side vents as well, but will likely wait till after the holidays to tackle those.

The plan is for all GT4 aero. I also have a GT4 splitter. I will buy the GT4 dive planes from MMR and I’m hoping to buy their GT4-style wing once they re-release it.

IMG_8231.jpeg

IMG_8235.jpeg

IMG_8238.jpeg

IMG_8252.jpeg

IMG_8259.jpeg

IMG_8267.jpeg

IMG_8269.jpeg

IMG_8275.jpeg

IMG_8277.jpeg

IMG_8264.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts