The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Fuel Pump

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I’ll start of by saying I’m new to the forum, and also I don’t own a mustang. However I’m helping my friend build a 2015 GT with a the performance pack into a SCCA T2 race car. A Little background on our build the car is a flood damage car, we have fully gutted the car and had a Watson Cage installed, the electronics are being replace with the Ford Racing Controls Pack.

This brings me to my question, the controls pack is really designed to be used on an older car or hotrod. And requires a return fuel line set up. We have installed a pressure regulator in the car and all the required lines in the engine compartment. We recently removed the tank to clean it out and see what the fuel system looks like. The stock unit is a single pump located on the driver’s side and has some sort of syphon to pull fuel form the passenger side of the tank. The main pump housing also has a canister located in it the fuel line goes from the pump to a canister then to the fitting for the fuel line. I’m concerned this canister is an internal pressure regulator. I was wondering if anyone has any information on the stock fuel pump.

I can't help you with the fuel pump question, but that's a very cool project. Best of luck and post more as you make progress! I see myself doing something similar in a few years.

Thanks, I think we are going to just bypass the canister in the pump housing and use the regulator, I have a similar set up on my focus. I'm just hoping it doesn't impact getting fuel from the passenger side of the tank. I honestly can get my head around how it draws fuel across the tunnel. But if it's an issue we know we can fit a second pump.

Welcome to TMO and nice start on the car! You should do a complete build thread in the forum below. There are a few others there. Or I can move this thread there.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?board=16.0

VoodooBOSS said:
Welcome to TMO and nice start on the car! You should do a complete build thread in the forum below. There are a few others there. Or I can move this thread there.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?board=16.0

I'd be happy to

If it's like the S197 there should be a pipe connection (internal to the gas tank) at the bottom of the pump that draw the fuel from the passenger side area.

See point 7
http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=968&viewfile=Fuel%20Pump%20Module.pdf

TMO Supporting Vendors