The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SEMA alert

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
This is the response from my representative :
net%2FCustomers%2FWI05SF%2FWI05SF_LetterheadBanner.png
July 3, 2024
Dear Mr. Saladin,
Thank you for taking the time to contact me with your concerns. As your representative in Washington, I want to hear what matters most to you, your family, and your community. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me.
As you may know, on April 12, 2023, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued a proposed rule titled Multi-Pollutant Emissions Standards for Model Years 2027 and Later Light-Duty and Medium-Duty Vehicles. This rule imposes new stringent emissions standards on new vehicles that would phase in over model years 2027 through 2032. According to EPA estimates, up to 67% of new vehicles sold in 2032 may have to be electric for carmakers to be in compliance and avoid penalties. The period for public comment on this rule closed on July 5, 2023.
You may be pleased to know that on September 14, 2023, the House of Representatives passed H.R. 1435, the Preserving Choice in Vehicle Purchases Act, by a vote of 222-190. This legislation would prohibit the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) from granting a waiver of the Clean Air Act preemption provisions to California, which would allow the state to institute its "zero-emission vehicles" requirement. This requirement would act as a ban on the sale of internal combustion engines and light trucks in the state by 2035.
California's existing waiver from the EPA gives the state disproportionate influence over national vehicle emission standards due to the size of its market for new vehicle sales. This bill ensures one state's regulations do not have an outsized effect on interstate commerce and protects the ability of consumers to purchase the best type of vehicle for themselves and their situation. Instead of mandating which type of vehicles Americans are allowed to purchase, Congress should look towards solutions to lower the inflationary pressures across our economy that continue to be exacerbated by failed liberal policies like the one this legislation addresses.
While no legislation related to this particular EPA rule has been introduced in the 118th Congress, I will keep your thoughts in mind should any legislation on this topic come to my attention.
Thank you again for contacting me. It is an honor to serve you in Congress. For more information on my work in Congress, to connect on social media, and to sign up to receive my e-newsletter, please visit https://fitzgerald.house.gov/. If I may be of service to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Respectfully,
iqextranet%2FCustomers%2FWI05SF%2FWI05SF_Signature.png
Scott Fitzgerald
Member of Congress

TMO Supporting Vendors