The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Sold: Barton Industries Two-Post Shifter Bracket - MT-82 (11-13 GT, V6)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm selling this for a fellow Boss owner who installed a MGW shifter instead. This is a brand new Barton twin post shifter bracket that was never installed. It includes everything included from Barton and will be shipped via USPS. The bracket is back ordered from most vendors so here's your chance to buy one now and save a few five bucks in the process.

$100 shipped and payment via paypal or personal check. Send me a PM if you are interested.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/barton-2post-shifter-bracket-1113.html

barton_slider_bracket.jpg

Re: FS: Barton Industries Two-Post Shifter Bracket - MT-82 (11-13 GT, V6)

My theory all along has been that the reason why people like the MGW shifter so much is mostly because of the improved shifter bracket. I had a Steeda shifter bracket (which is an inferior design to this bracket) installed before I installed a MGW shifter and I still think that's the case. The MGW is nice but it's not the huge improvement for me as it was for others. In fact I've missed more shifts with the MGW the first week than I did with the stock shifter in a year. If the MGW eliminates shifting lock out on track then I will be a happy convert. The bracket will reduce the rubbery feel of the stock shifter. If you think the stock shifter is horrible I'd buy a MGW. If you like the stock shifter and want to tighten it up then buy a shifter bracket. My stock shifter shifted like butter and my only complaint was shifting lock out on track and that's the reason I purchased a MGW.

Re: FS: Barton Industries Two-Post Shifter Bracket - MT-82 (11-13 GT, V6)

Well, I've only logged about 1000 miles on my car so far on mixed use but have not had it on the track yet. I do think the shifter is rubbery but I was also used to a Steeda Tri-ax in my SN95 Track Car and on my Steeda Q.
I do however, have experience with a student's '12 LS at Sebring where I did experience a lock out multiple times in the session that I drove the car at speed. I was unaware at that time of this widespread problem with this shifter/trans and discounted it as driver error as I pushed to stay ahead of the persuing track cars. I felt like a target out there LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMO Supporting Vendors