The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

!!SOLD!! Cobra Jet Drive Shaft Hoop, M-5478-CJ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Cobra Jet Drive Shaft Hoop, M-5478-CJ

Ok, I opened the box up. This is a beefy unit made for a one piece 4" drive shaft.

DSCF2038_zpsbad2c683.png

DSCF2037_zps7eae7692.png

As far as installation, it looks like you place it where you need it (towards front of the driveshaft) and drill through the floor boards using the bottom plate as a template.

Hope this helps.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

wwilde001 said:
Ok, I opened the box up. This is a beefy unit made for a one piece 4" drive shaft.

DSCF2038_zpsbad2c683.png

DSCF2037_zps7eae7692.png

As far as installation, it looks like you place it where you need it (towards front of the driveshaft) and drill through the floor boards using the bottom plate as a template.

Hope this helps.
yeah that helps. I dont like the drilling idea. was looking for one that would mount in the rear somehow without drilling. that way I have both ends covered.

If you are running a one piece driveshaft, the only end you have to really worry about is the front end (to prevent you from pole vaulting your ride!). If the back end breaks, it will scare the hell out of you and with most transmissions will fall out when the yoke comes out of the tranny.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

wwilde001 said:
If you are running a one piece driveshaft, the only end you have to really worry about is the front end (to prevent you from pole vaulting your ride!). If the back end breaks, it will scare the hell out of you and with most transmissions will fall out when the yoke comes out of the tranny.
no slip yoke on the our cars so it would hang around. more worried about it busting loose and causing more damage to say the gas tank that is right there.

TMO Supporting Vendors