The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Spark plug preference.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron McCall

Pantera1889
I've had a few plug failures lately and was wondering if it is only me . Mostly interested in
race only cars but would like to hear from everyone who has an opinion.
What brand of spark plug do you prefer and why?

Thanks,
Ron

Utah
When I had my 2006 3V with the failed 2 piece OEM plug, I ran the Risk Racing one piece. Performed very well. Now with the 2014 I am just running an NGK OEM replacement plug from Autozone. No failures with either.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Olsburg, KS
I run Motorcraft in the Roush, NGK Iridium in the Bullitt and basic Autolites in the Cougar. I've had issues with a few different Motorcraft plug designs, but usually they're pretty good. The 2 piece Motorcraft plugs in the early 3V were a mess, and I recently had issues with the original plugs in a 6.2 F250 that came apart at less than 70k miles. The ones in the Roush are supposed to be the same ones they use in the supercharged Cobra Jet cars.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel