The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SR performance coilovers VS Koni sport/Eibach?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweet thanks Dave . Say what do you know about the koni GTD coilovers? They apparently come with camber plates. Their like 2k so about 700 more then ìf I were to buy their shocks n some springs but then camber plate so maybe 500 more but wouldn't they be noticeably different n better on the track?
I bought the GTS kit and really liked it. I drive to-and-from autocross events (in Wisconsin) so I didn't want to make the car un-driveable on these shite roads. I like them! They're an improvement over the stock Boss 302 suspension without any notable downside to NVH. The height adjustment was such that you can leave it at the stock suspension height or take it down quite a bit.

The only downside is that the camber plates aren't adjustable on-vehicle, but I have them maxed-out anyway at around -3° of camber (I had it set at ~5/6% of the way to full adjustable and had it measured at -2.7° and then maxed it out after a weekend and just haven't had it re-aligned since). I've heard Maximum Motorsports plates can give you more camber, but I can't confirm if that is true or not. I clearanced a small portion of the shock tower just to more-easily fit the cheap plastic Koni adjuster and since 3D printed my own since the Koni Adjuster provided was junky.

I would recommend them for anyone who still wants to be able to comfortably drive on the street and not be forced to lower your car excessively. (Again, Wisconsin roads...)
 
Let's not lose track of what we are doing here, HPDE days are supposed to be low key and fun, a safe place to run your car. There's no money to win, and you can destroy your car. IMO there's no real reason to super modify your car, that was the whole idea of project Superbeater, get on the track cheap, HPDE is becoming the biggest money pit for a meaningless pecker measuring contest that ever existed. If you want to race, then that's fine, but dumping tens of thousands of dollars into an HPDE car is so counterintuitive. There are no rules, and a lot of $20 dollar drivers are running $150K dollar cars...for what?
This is why I usually register in the medium class, I'm just not interested in getting involved with beating my head against a wall trying to get my mustang to outrun some Porsche. Maybe I've been around too long but there will always be a difference between street cars and race cars, same with HPDE stuff.
 

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel
Top