The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Steeda Q750 Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Cool to get a special SEMA built machine and lots of solid mods , especially the Tremec T6060 magnum. How does she run on a road course , any issues with heat soak or is she cooled quite effectively. Just wondering as it can get warm down in Boerne, ha!
Welcome and really cool Steeda Stang!

Cool to get a special SEMA built machine and lots of solid mods , especially the Tremec T6060 magnum. How does she run on a road course , any issues with heat soak or is she cooled quite effectively. Just wondering as it can get warm down in Boerne, ha!
Welcome and really cool Steeda Stang!
Thanks Bill. Glad to be here with fellow curve lovers. All my fellow track lovers here have GT350s and they find it hard to believe that I am able to keep up. Haha. The 710rwhp helps on the straights and the Steeda suspension is amazing in the curves. Only weak point was brakes. The stock PP Brembos just cant hang with Shelby brakes. I just switched to Hawk DCT60 pads and it made a HUGE difference combined with the Steeda 2 piece rotors I installed. So the car is a solid street/track car now. As for overheating I have never had an issue with it, even at COTA in the summer which has a ton of WOT time. Solidly engineered car and whipple system.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Impressive, as heatsoak seems to be a big issue with many Supercharged machines so good to hear your success. Solid race pads and two piece rotors can make a big difference without going all out for a full ,newer system. I find with a set of G-Loc 18s , up front, I have little issue stopping with about anyone ( Girodisc two piece rotors too ).

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors