The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tesla Sales down , 20% stock drop!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
This illustrates why the dates for EV Sales percentages will likely change in the future. Keep in mind the recent passage that went through was not for 2030 , but amended to 2032, but when all is said and done, I have to believe the US consumer will make it hard to meet the guidelines by 2032 for pure EVs. But since changes included Hybrids we may find buyers getting close to suggested balance by then. With Tesla Sales falling ( there are so many other better looking EVs out there now ) and changes by Ford ( more hybrids ) along with Toyota's reluctance to forge ahead with fully electric vehicles and to also focus on Hybrids, it could portend a move towards other efficient alternatives already for buyers. Who knows, but I will admit that new hybrid vehicles like the 2025 Ram Hybrid truck ( range close to 800 miles ) intrigue me and cause me to believe some Sci-Fi like projections I chatted with engineer friends years back are not many years from reality.

Imagine :
An ICE hybrid with solar panels, regenerative brakes , and more, that was not only fast and yes, could be noisy, is not that far in the future. There are actually some cars out there now with some of the these items and the idea of having a range of 1000 miles or more between fill ups/charges is quite interesting!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
West
Are you sure that Big Brother wants anyone to have a range of 1000 miles? Although I agree that the market will dictate the direction of hybrid or EV markets I have reservations about us being allowed more freedom of movement. There seems to be more emphasis on concentrating the citizenry into smaller more dense areas with more video and electronic monitoring.
It does give some hope that we may be able to avoid the dystopia of Orwell and Huxley as people’s interest in EV’s seems to lower due to the tremendous cost of maintenance, not to mention the human and environmental disaster that they currently are. Given time and governments backing away from so much regulation and invasiveness into business there could be great possibilities in the future for cleaner, but not necessarily “clean”, vehicles. After all, EV’s were quite popular around the turn of the 20th century and were quite numerous in large cities like New York City. They were especially popular with women since they did not require being hand cranked or the building of fire in order to generate steam.
Time will tell. The very best thing that could happen for the development of hybrid and EV’s is if our fearless leaders would keep their noses out of it. As is with most things, they know nothing about it and could care less about the people that would be effected the most by it.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I think the competition among Manufacturers Worldwide will see vehicles with longer and longer ranges and the shocking ( to me ) news of a Ram P/U hybrid with regenerative power and a range of close to 800 miles with a 26 gallon fuel tank raised the possibility immensely.
Great references on Huxley and Orwell , though I think High School students today would find them almost normal instead of scarily prophetic as many of us did in the 60s and 70s!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Good question TMS as they did have a period where they phased out after a manufacturer sold a certain number. I know advertising at the Dealerships will usually say, " There may be an amount you can deduct off your taxes " on EV and Hybrids. Key word is ........May!

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Wish I had even farther OOTM puts against them, as their inability to produce cars increases my ability to produce racecars. Hyundai just added/pledged $51B for their EV programs, and the Saudis just pumped another bil into Lucid, this isn't financial advice, but it might be worth considering for long positions.

I'm curious where the government subsidies and tax breaks are today regarding EV's. Have they dropped? As a percentage of purchase price or in real dollars?
To my understanding as a former full-EV owner (and course record holder :D) each manufacturer is allotted so many credits, and the breakdown is unclear if it's to the corporation or the manufacturer (for instance, Kia and Hyundai are the same thing, right?). That fixed amount gets tricky then, so if you buy a Prius, you may or may not get it (likely not from what I've been told, going by sales volumes), whereas for something like a Hyundai Kona EV you more likely will. If you lease it, the manufacturer claims it in your name, and credits you that $7500 in the lease/purchase price, whereas if you outright purchase it, even if your make/model does qualify for it, depending on your tax situation, I believe you might not be able to use it if you're already at your taxable limits. If you look carefully at Tesla pricing, they almost always mention that credit with a little asterisk and footnote, which is a nice surprise if you sit down with one of their very attractive youthful sales agents.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel