The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

This BOSS is unique

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98RedGT

2012 #552
Must be one of the first prototypes or maybe built just for him

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150791066014569&set=a.10150791064854569.500536.20901384568&type=3&theater

It is possible they just made a typo, as I have seen the Bosses referred to as 2011s a few times in magazines (since Mustangs are always a year ahead everyone else). If you like the murdered out look, you can get the car wrapped in flat vinyl and it is easier to maintain than flat paint and also can be removed later.

98RedGT

2012 #552
Wasn't thinking so much about 2011 as much as it being flat black painted and this car belonging to Ford Chief Marketing Officer. Also I would think that Ford Mustang facebook people would get it right.

My friend has a Porsche that is wrapped in flat vinyl, I normally don't like the look but it works on that car in the color her did (sort of light grey). But he wrapped it instead of painting specifically because he figures he will get tired of it eventually.

98RedGT

2012 #552
KYBOSSLS said:
I like it, would be easier too keep clean and in ten years take off the wrap and I will have a new Boss? Just thinking out loud!

How does that work, if you wrap it or put clear bra on it and remove 5-10 years later will you be able to notice where it was?

98RedGT

2012 #552
Bossfan said:
When one takes the bra off, one notices where the sun wasn't.

that's what I figure but wanted somebody that had done it elaborate on what they have seen and maybe what they have done to remedy the aftereffects

TMO Supporting Vendors