The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TMO Members hanging together for Track Time in the Heartland!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
We all know a bunch of us will be racing together at the Mustang Roundup ( www.racemph.com Sept. 12-15), but why not think about getting together more often at some of the events in the Heartland? Even though Tyme and I give each other a hard time , I genuinely like the guy and he is not far from a great track in Colorado -- High Plains Raceway. Down the road from me is the smoothest track in the Midwest, Heartland Motorsports Park ( Topeka,Ks.) and there are others close to many of us. There are also some NASA events at Hastings and Raceway Park of the Midlands, so why not drop me your emails and I will try and see if there are some dates we can all meet to support and race with each other? It was so cool to have 11 of us at the Mustang Roundup last year ( sure to have that many this year and Voodoo Boss says he is coming), but why not get a list together so we have fellow TMO buds to hang with at other events?

Let me know and if interested drop me your info to [email protected]

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Heartland looks to be a eight hour drive from Denver. Not too bad but I wish I were already retired and it would be easy. Would love to come but cannot make any guarantees until I see some dates thrown out there.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Understand........it is about an 8 hour drive for me to get to High Plains also, b ut then I was going to crash on your living room couch. No worries it is too far for Bob to drive and I will bring some Lifted Spirits Vodka, so you won't hear my snoring.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Main thing is for as many of us as possible to make the Mustang Roundup, the other idea is if a number of us are going to events around the Heartland , it would be nice to see a friendly TMO face.

Examples for Heartland are 25-26 of May with NASA, 11-12 of August with NASA , and 26-27 of October again with NASA. Now smart folks will go to Motorsports Park Hastings in June ( 15-16 NASA ) to get seat time prior to the Mustang Roundup - a time I will sadly miss due to another commitment. High Plains Raceway has SCCA in August ( 24-25 ), and there are other events already listed with both groups for Hallett (Oklahoma), RPM ( near Glenwood, Iowa), and others that members could be attending?

So consider sending me an email (below ) if you want to let other members know, or just list here to see who may be attending an event at the same time you are?

[email protected]

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Skip this thread since a couple of TMO buds suggested a simpler and better idea. Just go to the 2019 Midwest Time Trial and Racing Schedule thread for better info to manage your track time. You can just post where you or your group plan to participate this year?

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
What are you running Tardicus? I noted you have a fellow TMO bud just North in Brighton ---Tymeslayer. He is even weirder than me, but in actuality he is a good guy ( don't let him know I said that).

I have a 2017 Shelby GT350R I'm planning on running in TT2. Prior to that I had a Spec Z and an E46 M3 TT car. I think I may have crossed paths with Tymeslayer at one time or another in our local NASA region. Do you ever go to Midlands? Is it a good track?

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Raceway Park of the Midlands is super safe and somewhat technical , though flat, but the pavement is a little wavy, etc. as it was all under water about 4-5 years ago from the big floods of the Missouri. I still like it as it is 45 minutes from my house, and still in better shape than some tracks I have run. I got rid of my 17 GT 350 to get into my 2013 Boss S. The 350 is a remarkable car, congrats. Topeka is super smooth and easy on rubber, but feel free to call me about any of the tracks around Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa.
402-677-5864

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You need to put Hastings down for the Mustang Roundup, as it ends up being similar to a Time Trial since cars are spaced out like in NASA based on their timed runs. Plus you are running against other guys in GT 350s. Check out www.racemph.com , I think it is Sept. 12-15 if I remember correctly.

Repaved Heartland is a new planet.......from driver on a cheese grater to a billiard table!

TMO Supporting Vendors