TMO Members hanging together for Track Time in the Heartland!!

Discussion in 'Road Racing Forum' started by Bill Pemberton, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Bill Pemberton

Bill Pemberton TMO Addict

We all know a bunch of us will be racing together at the Mustang Roundup ( www.racemph.com Sept. 12-15), but why not think about getting together more often at some of the events in the Heartland? Even though Tyme and I give each other a hard time , I genuinely like the guy and he is not far from a great track in Colorado -- High Plains Raceway. Down the road from me is the smoothest track in the Midwest, Heartland Motorsports Park ( Topeka,Ks.) and there are others close to many of us. There are also some NASA events at Hastings and Raceway Park of the Midlands, so why not drop me your emails and I will try and see if there are some dates we can all meet to support and race with each other? It was so cool to have 11 of us at the Mustang Roundup last year ( sure to have that many this year and Voodoo Boss says he is coming), but why not get a list together so we have fellow TMO buds to hang with at other events?

Let me know and if interested drop me your info to billpemberton@woodhouse.com

VoodooBoss likes this.
  2. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Gotta go Faster

Ha!!! That's just to get me Jealous!! o_O:D

Bill Pemberton likes this.
  3. Bill Pemberton

Heh, we wanna be Poster Boys too!!!

Coz likes this.
  4. TMSBOSS

TMSBOSS TMO Addict

You can come. No walls yet.

Mad Hatter likes this.
  5. Mad Hatter

I'm a miner. Would just go under it!

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

6. Mad Hatter

Or even more likely.....Overstay my Visa! :)

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

7. TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...

Heartland looks to be a eight hour drive from Denver. Not too bad but I wish I were already retired and it would be easy. Would love to come but cannot make any guarantees until I see some dates thrown out there.

8. Bill Pemberton

Understand........it is about an 8 hour drive for me to get to High Plains also, b ut then I was going to crash on your living room couch. No worries it is too far for Bob to drive and I will bring some Lifted Spirits Vodka, so you won't hear my snoring.

TymeSlayer likes this.
  9. Bill Pemberton

Madhatter , we are all racers here, so many of us often overstay our Visas, our Master Cards, our American Express, and yes our Discover Cards, so you are complaining to the choir.

Mad Hatter and TymeSlayer like this.
  10. Bill Pemberton

Main thing is for as many of us as possible to make the Mustang Roundup, the other idea is if a number of us are going to events around the Heartland , it would be nice to see a friendly TMO face.

Examples for Heartland are 25-26 of May with NASA, 11-12 of August with NASA , and 26-27 of October again with NASA. Now smart folks will go to Motorsports Park Hastings in June ( 15-16 NASA ) to get seat time prior to the Mustang Roundup - a time I will sadly miss due to another commitment. High Plains Raceway has SCCA in August ( 24-25 ), and there are other events already listed with both groups for Hallett (Oklahoma), RPM ( near Glenwood, Iowa), and others that members could be attending?

So consider sending me an email (below ) if you want to let other members know, or just list here to see who may be attending an event at the same time you are?

billpemberton@woodhouse.com

11. Bill Pemberton

Skip this thread since a couple of TMO buds suggested a simpler and better idea. Just go to the 2019 Midwest Time Trial and Racing Schedule thread for better info to manage your track time. You can just post where you or your group plan to participate this year?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  12. tracktardicus

tracktardicus TMO Intermediate

I have an extra room in Denver for anyone wanting to come out to High Plains Raceway. i'm looking at getting back out to Heartland Park and Hastings this year as well if anyone is in that area and has extra room.

TymeSlayer and Bill Pemberton like this.
  13. Bill Pemberton

What are you running Tardicus? I noted you have a fellow TMO bud just North in Brighton ---Tymeslayer. He is even weirder than me, but in actuality he is a good guy ( don't let him know I said that).

14. tracktardicus

I have a 2017 Shelby GT350R I'm planning on running in TT2. Prior to that I had a Spec Z and an E46 M3 TT car. I think I may have crossed paths with Tymeslayer at one time or another in our local NASA region. Do you ever go to Midlands? Is it a good track?

15. Bill Pemberton

Raceway Park of the Midlands is super safe and somewhat technical , though flat, but the pavement is a little wavy, etc. as it was all under water about 4-5 years ago from the big floods of the Missouri. I still like it as it is 45 minutes from my house, and still in better shape than some tracks I have run. I got rid of my 17 GT 350 to get into my 2013 Boss S. The 350 is a remarkable car, congrats. Topeka is super smooth and easy on rubber, but feel free to call me about any of the tracks around Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa.
    402-677-5864

16. tracktardicus

Thanks for the heads-up. I've been to Heartland Park (pre-repave) and Hastings, but want to get back out to both. I'll look at RPM too. Any others out there worth a trip from CO?

17. Bill Pemberton

You need to put Hastings down for the Mustang Roundup, as it ends up being similar to a Time Trial since cars are spaced out like in NASA based on their timed runs. Plus you are running against other guys in GT 350s. Check out www.racemph.com , I think it is Sept. 12-15 if I remember correctly.

Repaved Heartland is a new planet.......from driver on a cheese grater to a billiard table!