The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TNIA PBIR Sept 27 who's in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taking the GT350 down to finish the break in. Got a couple of buddies going C7Z51, 2016 STI and maybe a new C7 Grandsport. Rumor is a Focus RS will make a guest appearance.

Peter

Have fun and let us know what you think of the 350 on track.

Will see how it's times compare with the Cayman GTS on PSC2's Depending on how many miles I have by then, 500 now so I will short shift at 7500 but the goal is getting enough miles to run to redline.

Peter

Quick synopsis, Car 100% as delivered except for RBF660 brake fluid.

Stock pads were good for about 12 min before they overheated

PBIR has 3 180 degree plus sweepers and the front tires had no grip Front tire temps were 40 degrees higher on the outside.

Cars makes good sounds and got to 140 mph on the back straight. I had to recalibrate my right foot as my last few years have been in Porsche and the rear weight bias lets you stand in it on corner exit. GT350 needed a little more modulation. ;)

All in all a good 1st outing and I now have a list of priorities to address.

1. Vorschlag camber plates and start at -2.5 degrees front camber and rear at app -2.0

2. Upgrade brake pads

3. CCW's 19 x 11 to run square set up Front ARP studs.

4. Drive :)

Peter

85Gold said:
Quick synopsis, Car 100% as delivered except for RBF660 brake fluid.

Stock pads were good for about 12 min before they overheated

PBIR has 3 180 degree plus sweepers and the front tires had no grip Front tire temps were 40 degrees higher on the outside.

Cars makes good sounds and got to 140 mph on the back straight. I had to recalibrate my right foot as my last few years have been in Porsche and the rear weight bias lets you stand in it on corner exit. GT350 needed a little more modulation. ;)

All in all a good 1st outing and I now have a list of priorities to address.

1. Vorschlag camber plates and start at -2.5 degrees front camber and rear at app -2.0

2. Upgrade brake pads

3. CCW's 19 x 11 to run square set up Front ARP studs.

4. Drive :)

Peter
A couple of other things you'll want to do:
5. Remove the resonators
6. Upgrade the wheel studs to ARP
7. Install the Steeda clutch spring
8. Install front brake caliper studs as soon as @Tob posts them for sale

Going to leave the resonators for now. I have several tracks that have noise limits and Autox has 100db also.

Studs will go on when I get CCW's to run square setup.

Right now the easy clutch doesn't bother me and the wife appreciates it also.

Peter

TMO Supporting Vendors