The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track worthy?? 84.5mm TB and AIRAID CAI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I was wondering if I should go ahead with the purchase of a the typical accufab 84.55mm TB and a Airaid CAI combo. I heard that with the hood shut it only leads to a few hp more (from Lund racing). Is it a worth while track upgrade? or better off spending money on tires etc. The only engine mod I have is Kooks LTH, KN filter and a Lund 93 octane race tune. I know its been beaten to death in several threads but just wanted to know if its a track worthy upgrade or just for looks and dyno runs!!

I still have my cats on because with out them I would be excluded from some of the better local tracks due to noise. :'(

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Hang on to your money until SCT gets the tuning correct for the GT350 throttle body, then install that and an updated tune using @pufferfish 's adapter plate. Combine with CAI.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I assume that once sct has the trick worked out for the GT350 TB, then all the tuners who use SCT will be able to make the tune. For example Lund? I saw a article that quoted Ford saying that by swapping a coyote to the GT350 heads, manifold and TB you add 100hp?? If thats true makes you wonder if the going to a flat crank was worth it?

TMO Supporting Vendors