The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Video Laguna Seca

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomerstoys

Keep the shiny side up & the rubber side down!
This was my first opportunity to run the Boss on Laguna Seca. Had been there the previous year with my momentum car, a R56 Mini Cooper S. We had 12 guys from the Pacific NW that made the trip for this 3 day event.

Great group of people, great host club, world class track.

Need to get some "R" comp tires, lighter wheels, and more agressive pads and I might break into the high 1:40's.

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu70VnoqPNg&feature=youtu.be

Cheers!

Looks like fun. That track is a blast and easily lived up to it's reputation for me. I can't wait to get back there. Turn 6 scared the crap out of me too but I really liked 5 and up the hill to 6.

Any shifting problems? Overall how did your car run?

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Can't wait to go back...next year, I'll bring the R6's and Forgestars instead of running stock!

Was really comfortable with turn 6...needed more work on 9. 5 is fun and consistent if you stay out of the marbles!

Boomerstoys

Rick, just a great facility and I can't wait to go back next year.

No issues with shifting but as you know 5th gear doesn't come into play @ Laguna. My issue is 4 to 5 & 5 to 4 above 7000 RPM.

However, later on the third day the car started throwing codes. First: P2626, P0300 cleared and then P2626 & P301. Called Salinas Valley Ford & they looked at it Monday. A buddy stayed with me & sat @ the dealer from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM (waiting for parts). We hit the road home about 4:45. The first stop we made resulted in more codes: P2195 and P0302. This is after they replace 4 coil packs & 4 plugs in bank one. It's at my dealer now and thus far they found a O2 sensor on the right bank (bank one) resting on the exhaust. Salinas never even put the car in the air to look. :mad: Car still had a misfire @ idle but they cleared it for the drive home.

AZGT: Running stock exhaust, no plates & never got flagged for sound. Think they were pretty easy on us since Cherry's Jubilee was going on.

Justin: Yes, I practiced driving Laguna on PS 3 but not the same as real life.

You N. CA. guys should look for this next year. May have a problem next year, long story, but watch for it anyway.

Cheers!

Did you have a 92 db level day? If so that's interesting because a company that does arrive and drive with your car in the Bay Area told me that open plates would not pass. When I was there I had my 7/8" plates, not much quieter than wide open, and GT500 mufflers and had no issues. There were cars there louder than mine that passed.

I had lock out from 2-3 coming out of turn 11 onto the front straight. I'm glad you didn't have any issues.

I'll keep my eye open for that event next year.

Boomerstoys

Yes, sound level was 92 db. I had my stock plates with me just in case, since we were told it was going to be a 90 db day. Originally planned to bring the 996 tt but it's heavily modded & with the intake & turbo noise coupled with the exhaust I thought, NO WAY this car would pass.

With the Boss, I had the plates that are easy enough to throw in so even if I got flagged, it's easy to fix.

I stay in 3rd thru 11. Boss torque is so great that I'm concerned I'd go to throttle to early and spin. Tried it & she started to walk on me so went to third. Can get on throttle sooner & not worry about drifting thru the turn 11. Basically I ran the whole track in 3rd & 4th.

I haven't experienced lock out with going to 3rd but upshifts to 5th have been a nightmare. Downshift to 4th have also been locked. Did notice on Sunday that a couple of my shifts from 3rd to 4th and 4th to 3rd became sticky. Don't know how else to describe the feeling. Just more effort than I had the previous days. I'm still running factory fluid so maybe I'll change next season.

Cheers!

TMO Supporting Vendors