The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Weight distribution on GT350?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moto said:
I read that the Road and Track competition said it was 54F/46R
Isn't that the same as the S197 V8 cars?

VooDooBOSS said:
Isn't that the same as the S197 V8 cars?
Yes it is. I thought it would be closer to neutral with the tire tread width being so similar front to rear. Will be nice to get a second source to confirm.

Hmm I hoped it would be better. My iron block GT500 was 55/45 and I thought the Boss was 53/47. I had it to 52/48 with my battery relocation, hood, AC delete, aluminum DS and adding back the oil cooler and larger radiator. Isn't the IRS part of the weight increase too?

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
VooDooBOSS said:
Here's the article from Vorshlag.

http://www.vorshlag.com/blog/?p=960

Interesting, the second car has almost perfect cross weight, the other 2 are off by 200 lbs+. Looks like they weighed the second car in their shop -- probably taking the time to level.

Black Boss said:
Interesting, the second car has almost perfect cross weight, the other 2 are off by 200 lbs+. Looks like they weighed the second car in their shop -- probably taking the time to level.
Wow pretty nose heavy at 55/45. Might be a consideration for maintaining staggered tires front/rear to avoid becoming a top.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
cloud9 said:
Wow pretty nose heavy at 55/45. Might be a consideration for maintaining staggered tires front/rear to avoid becoming a top.

Yes -- The GT350 with a full tank of gas was 53.7/46.3.

I'm guessing not far off the Boss before battery relocation, low weight radiator support, A/C removal, Tiger hood install....

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel