The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

When picking up my new Boss, What do I save?

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
My 2013 SBY Boss should be arriving any day. What do I save? I know the window sticker, but I saw some other posts somewhere about saving some plastic from shipping? Let me know. I appreciate the info!

Brian
 
Be sure to save some time to take some pics & post them when you get your new toy. When I got my car I told the dealer not to mount the front license plate brkt, so that's saved along with the window sticker. I told them to toss the plastic.
 
Take your time and really look the Boss over, take one panel at a time, looking from different angles, My LS had a couple of factory scratches in the paint, point them out and noted for repair, buddy of mine purchased a PW had a problem with one wheel got it replaced but he had not seen it, until he had it home.

Keep what you can manage, take a lot of photo's, they are only new one time, then enjoy the ride.
 
335
1
you only need one thing...........everything! Tell the dealer not to take off A THING! And tell them not to mount a thing either.... It will all fit in your trunk....trust me.
 

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
adam81 said:
you only need one thing...........everything! Tell the dealer not to take off A THING! And tell them not to mount a thing either.... It will all fit in your trunk....trust me.

I'd take everything...especially from an early production number. More so if you get #302!!
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Grant 302 said:
adam81 said:
you only need one thing...........everything! Tell the dealer not to take off A THING! And tell them not to mount a thing either.... It will all fit in your trunk....trust me.

I'd take everything...especially from an early production number. More so if you get #302!!
that would be so cool to have #302 I think I would want that more over #1
 
I'm on the fence. I intend to keep the car a long time, but I see how some of that stuff might matter to a collector. Generally at home I try to donate/sell/throw out anything I don't use at least once every couple of years. Collecting plastic wraps for seats etc goes against my better judgement. Not to mention they will likely break down in several years just making a mess to deal with latter.

So what is my point? ... uh... like most things do what you want. You can always have the dealer leave everything on and then you can decide what you want to keep at home.
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
askjeffro said:
I'm on the fence. I intend to keep the car a long time, but I see how some of that stuff might matter to a collector. Generally at home I try to donate/sell/throw out anything I don't use at least once every couple of years. Collecting plastic wraps for seats etc goes against my better judgement. Not to mention they will likely break down in several years just making a mess to deal with latter.

So what is my point? ... uh... like most things do what you want. You can always have the dealer leave everything on and then you can decide what you want to keep at home.
when I got my car it already had everything removed. so I didnt have the option. would I have kept it? probably not all it would take is for me to watch one episode of hoarders and it would have been thrown out. lol
 
One of the dealers I talked to said a buyer rejected his Boss because someone at the dealership drilled the holes for a front plate bracket. I found the car at another dealer with the front plate mounted. I told them not to dare do that to mine when it comes in and not to put their dealer sticker on the back.
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
06GT to 13LS said:
One of the dealers I talked to said a buyer rejected his Boss because someone at the dealership drilled the holes for a front plate bracket. I found the car at another dealer with the front plate mounted. I told them not to dare do that to mine when it comes in and not to put their dealer sticker on the back.
yes I agree. I would email craig's bracket place and see if the 12's bracket will fit the 13's thats the route I went...no holes :)
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top