The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

WTB Parnelli Jones Air Raid Carbon Fiber Cold Air Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had one ordered on Amazon before Christmas but it looks like they are on back order. Anybody know where I can get a new set up for under $500? Looking for the 453-174 non-oiled filter version http://www.airaid.com/450-174.aspx Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Yeah, they were listed for $463 before Christmas on Amazon. Now the cheapest is high $500's to $600. Really don't want to pay that much. If anyone sees a special or knows of one cheaper I'd appreciate letting me know Thanks

I ordered mine from Amazon for $463 (with Prime shipping) on 28 DEC; estimated delivery has shifted a couple times, not sure what the issue is. Everyone else is selling them for $607; I guess I will wait it out; sure can't get a good answer from Amazon customer service.

funny about this actually....

I just got mine in the mail. I ordered through Autoplicity on 2/10. Apparently they are back ordered, because after 11 days and multiple phone calls, emails, and an order cancel, it just showed up! They never gave me any actual information or really seemed to know what was going on, but thinking about it, it was because or a backorder. Anyways, got it for 576 with shipping included. That was the best price I could find online. Call airaid direct and they will sell it to you at price, with free shipping. But they wont match any prices. Also don't know if you thought about it but get either the prefilter or the water shield.

So after all that, I went to install it yesterday and wasn't able to. Missing the correct tube insert for the MAF meter. Guess quality control missed a box.

So I wanted to let others know that I got an email from Amazon that my order has shipped for this unit and I should get it Friday. I originally ordered it on 12/27/2013. Hopefully I will be getting the Parnelli Jones intake that is pictured and not the one that has the AirRaid logo. We'll see.

Shipment Details

Airaid 453-174 Intake System $463.98
Sold by Amazon.com LLC

SVO WOODY

Cruising Southern Ontario
Canada
Shaun12 said:
funny about this actually....

I just got mine in the mail. I ordered through Autoplicity on 2/10. Apparently they are back ordered, because after 11 days and multiple phone calls, emails, and an order cancel, it just showed up! They never gave me any actual information or really seemed to know what was going on, but thinking about it, it was because or a backorder. Anyways, got it for 576 with shipping included. That was the best price I could find online. Call airaid direct and they will sell it to you at price, with free shipping. But they wont match any prices. Also don't know if you thought about it but get either the prefilter or the water shield.

So after all that, I went to install it yesterday and wasn't able to. Missing the correct tube insert for the MAF meter. Guess quality control missed a box.

Mine came without the inser as well and I was told it's not necesary but they would gladly send it..got it 2 days later

I did an inspection of all parts this weekend. Everything looks good. The MVT insert was zip tied inside the carbon fiber intake tube. Any tips on the install? Seems pretty straight forward. My sound tube is already gone.

does anyone have these actually in stock? I see them advertised EVERYWHERE online in eBay, Amazon, online vendors etc, but Airaid says they're on a 2 month backorder minimum... I'm afraid to put my money into a sale like on ebay and not have the item ready to ship. A lot of these sellers don't update their listings like they are supposed to so...

OR any used ones popping up ?

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
WorldFamousZ said:
does anyone have these actually in stock? I see them advertised EVERYWHERE online in eBay, Amazon, online vendors etc, but Airaid says they're on a 2 month backorder minimum... I'm afraid to put my money into a sale like on ebay and not have the item ready to ship. A lot of these sellers don't update their listings like they are supposed to so...

OR any used ones popping up ?

Yeah...I tried the eBay thing a couple of months ago. The vendor does the same thing that the big on line outfits do.....Say it's in stock but they order directly from the manufacturer who drop ships it to you. Back a couple of months....I ordered from 3-4 different places only to have the orders cancelled due to "Indefinite" backorder at that time. Airaid evidently had to find a different supplier of CF for them. I went with the budget plastic....probably should have waited :(.

Wayne

Senderofan

Fiddler49 said:
Well, looks like they came out with a "bargain" version:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/airaid-cai-boss-1213.html

Also looks like they may have relocated the filter a bit so as not to collect water from our 2013 hood vents...could also be wishful thinking...

I can tell you with 100% certainty that the new budget version does not help prevent water from getting in. We had two significant "Spells" out on the track yesterday when it was raining. One caused the engine to quit as I was at the apex of a really short 90 degree right hand turn, turn 13 at BIR....which left me in a really bad spot. Really lucky someone didn't hit me. Guess perhaps this can happen with most cai's that are fairly open.

Wayne

I talked to Dan at Airaid and he said that they did lose their supplier of CF for awhile and are now in the process of filling back orders. I guess since my order was almost 6 months old through Amazon they honored that back order and Amazon honored the price. I've looked during the time I was waiting and only saw them for the $590 - $607 price. Be careful on Ebay as the one supplier that says he has 10 of them and pictures the Parnelli Jones intake in his posting, but when I asked him to confirm it was the Parnelli Jones version he sent me this:

David, only one I have is this , its not a Parnelli jones unit.

You are buying a brand new Airaid # 450-264C Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake System for 2011-2013 Ford Mustang GT with 5.0l V8s. This is one of Airaids new MXP Series Intake Systems, this Performance Computer Designed Airbox is made to be a Performance replacement, that allows for as much as 20% more Airflow, resulting in Increased Horsepower & Torque. This Cold Air Intake System Features:

• Carbon Fiber Intake Tube
• 1300 CFM Premium Filter
• New MXP Series Intake System
• Manufactured and Assembled in the USA
• Multiple Layers of Cotton Gauze combined with Airaid's Unique Filtration Technology
• Airaid's exclusive "No Hassle" Warranty
• Airaid's Premium Filters are 100% Washable & Reusable
• Enhances Airflow from Stock Airbox
• Hardware & Detailed Installation Instructions for Simple Installation

I told him he needed to change his ad as he was mis-representing what he had for sale.

Senderofan said:
I can tell you with 100% certainty that the new budget version does not help prevent water from getting in. We had two significant "Spells" out on the track yesterday when it was raining. One caused the engine to quit as I was at the apex of a really short 90 degree right hand turn, turn 13 at BIR....which left me in a really bad spot. Really lucky someone didn't hit me. Guess perhaps this can happen with most cai's that are fairly open.

Wayne
If you have the Airaid unit Dan at Airaid told me to send him a copy of my invoice and he would send me the water shield for the intake at no charge. It was [email protected]

Senderofan

Papa Smurf said:
If you have the Airaid unit Dan at Airaid told me to send him a copy of my invoice and he would send me the water shield for the intake at no charge. It was [email protected]

Thanks...I'll have to look for my receipt. It was very frustrating to not know when the car was going to get upset by the water. Guess caution should be taken if running an open element in the rain.....with hoods that have vents in them.

Wayne

IMG_0636_zpsc0d35ccd.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel