The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

WTB Seat covers for 2012 Boss Recaro Seats...check this out I set up a poll

Who is interested in aftermarket seat covers for our Boss 302 Recaro buckets seats?

• Yes

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey all..... Does anyone have a set of seat covers for our Recaro seats for sale? I checked around and have had no luck with getting a set of seat covers for my 2012 Boss. Anyone have or know who sells them????

Also, Does anyone know the difference between the 2012 and 2013 recaro seats in our cars? Ive heard that there are 2 diff part #'s for the 12' and 13' recaros??????? and the 12's are $5k vs $3k for the 13's to replace....another what the hell ???????

Thanks
Dave

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Re: WTB Seat covers for 2012 Boss Recaro Seats

As far as I can tell, the covers are the same...but I believe the airbag connectors changed for '13. With all the models that can get the Recaros in '13-'14, I think the '12 seats are pretty rare. Each cover piece (two per seat) should be about $360 from Ford.

Grant 302 said:
As far as I can tell, the covers are the same...but I believe the airbag connectors changed for '13. With all the models that can get the Recaros in '13-'14, I think the '12 seats are pretty rare. Each cover piece (two per seat) should be about $360 from Ford.

Are you saying that its about $360 per seat from ford for factory recaro seat recovers w/original fabric etc? Its worth it for a spare set. But I am also looking for aftermarket seat covers that fit the recaros to protect the original fabric etc.

Wow.... I cant believe no company makes a seat cover for the recaros.

I think I am going to start a poll and see who is interested in seat covers. If I get enough interest caltrend will make them for us. I already spoke with them and they said they need at least 30 sets for them to make the template and make them for us.

Is anyone interested??? if so I will start a poll and gauge interest and then we can get caltrend to make them for us.

They said that the neo supreme model would be about $229/pr for the front

Thanks all,
Dave

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego

KonaBlue302 said:
Wow.... I cant believe no company makes a seat cover for the recaros.

I think I am going to start a poll and see who is interested in seat covers. If I get enough interest caltrend will make them for us. I already spoke with them and they said they need at least 30 sets for them to make the template and make them for us.

Thanks all,
Dave

DON'T bother. The airbag is in the seat. Nobody will take on the obvious liability of making a seat cover that prevents the airbag from functioning properly.

(My 500th post-thanks for posting!)

four-walling said:
DON'T bother. The airbag is in the seat. Nobody will take on the obvious liability of making a seat cover that prevents the airbag from functioning properly.

Why would they put an airbag in the seat? Isn't just the sensor in the seat cushion? I don't want to be ejected if my air bag goes off...:p

Chris

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

KonaBlue302 said:
Are you saying that its about $360 per seat from ford for factory recaro seat recovers w/original fabric etc? Its worth it for a spare set. But I am also looking for aftermarket seat covers that fit the recaros to protect the original fabric etc.

Oops. I misunderstood your original post. It's over $700 per seat, for the two separate OEM cover parts. So more than $1,400 for a complete set.

four-walling said:

I spoke with Caltrend and they DO make seat covers with the side airbags. They assured me that it would not be a problem at all. I actually have seen other Caltrend seat covers that have a "flap" that covers the airbag but will not hinder its performance. So that will not be an issue.

So far we have 10 responses(not sure if everyone can view the vote results) ......7 would be interested in buying the seat covers and 3 were not.

Caltrend is willing to start working on a template in late January or February if we get enough interest. They said atleast 30 orders and they will make them.

If you want these or not, please vote so we can get an accurate ratio of interested and not interested. With all of the Boss cars produced, we should be able to secure the 30 minimum they need to start.

Thanks for your support on this

Dave

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego

KonaBlue302 said:
I spoke with Caltrend and they DO make seat covers with the side airbags. They assured me that it would not be a problem at all. I actually have seen other Caltrend seat covers that have a "flap" that covers the airbag but will not hinder its performance. So that will not be an issue.

Dave

OK

Foretold is forewarned.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

KonaBlue302 said:

So far we have 10 responses(not sure if everyone can view the vote results) ......7 would be interested in buying the seat covers and 3 were not.

Caltrend is willing to start working on a template in late January or February if we get enough interest. They said atleast 30 orders and they will make them.

If you want these or not, please vote so we can get an accurate ratio of interested and not interested. With all of the Boss cars produced, we should be able to secure the 30 minimum they need to start.

Thanks for your support on this

Dave

Did they offer a ball park figure for the cost of covers??

Just thought I'd bump this topic, if you are still having abnormal wear on your Recaro seats, look at the pants or shorts you are wearing. I realized after Ford replaced a seat cover for me that it was Velcro pockets causing the issue.

max5ive0 said:
Just thought I'd bump this topic, if you are still having abnormal wear on your Recaro seats, look at the pants or shorts you are wearing. I realized after Ford replaced a seat cover for me that it was Velcro pockets causing the issue.

Ford replaced it for free?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel