The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

21 Car camshaft upgrade and dyno results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Did the installation of Comp Cams Stage 2 NSR cams for my Gen3/Cobra Jet engine a couple weeks ago and had the car tuned and dyno'd by Randy LaMance of Knox Performance Tuning at RM Motorwerks in Knoxville a few days ago. Car really woke up, and torque figures are really impressive. Their dyno is a Dyno Works 4 wheel drive eddy current which like a Mustang Dyno is a heartbreaker but the car still made impressive numbers on 93 pump gas. I have enclosed a comparison between the stock cams/CJ and the new Comp Cams/CJ combo. We also added the Comp Cams heavy duty primary and secondary timing chains as well as a new set of GT350 springs. Want to thank @2012-Boss for his expert help in the install work, makes it so much easier when 2 mechanics are checking and double checking things. One funny note, is the slicks were so cold we had to use the tire blankets to warm them up to stop the wheel spin on the rollers. First warm up pull filled the shop with tire smoke. LOL Screen shots are in standard correction, the chart and graph are the SAE5 numbers.CJ Manifold stock cams.jpgDyno Day 3.jpgDyno day.jpgDyno Day2.jpg

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Stout numbers!! Was that with gen2 or gen3 heads? You picked a good day to go to the Dyno! Sure beats going on a hot day....

TMO Supporting Vendors