The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

3rd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup September 20-22, 2013 Motorsports Park Hastings!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa, OK
cloud9 said:
And tear it up you did! Really well set up car and incredibly fast driver especially one just getting into the game recently 8)

Thanks man! 8) Just trying to keep up with you really fast guys ;)

I had a blast at this event! MPH is a really cool, fun track and George and his crew put on a great show. It was great meeting everyone and putting faces to names on the forum.

Hopefully everyone made/makes it back home safely.

smittytx said:
My battery was malfunctioning so unfortunately don't have much video :mad: I think Kevin might have some when we were playing on Sunday.

I will get some pics up later this morning and I think George is getting a lot up over at racemph.com

I think we had 75 cars competing from 16states! If I missed any let me know. What a great weekend!

CO
FL
IA
IN
KS
MI
MN
MO
NE
OK
WY
OK
SD
TN
TX
WY

Here are some of the great cars that were still there on Sunday:

zmdx.jpg

Tulsa, OK
Here is my video from session 1 on Sunday. The fun really starts after 8 minutes where I'm chasing a 302S :) This session was the most fun for me and also resulted in my fastest time of 1:37 somewhere in there.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/eikVfyu5gck[/youtube]

And here is session 2 on Sunday.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/gi_RP8B30pQ[/youtube]

Enjoy!

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
roadhouse said:
And here is session 2 on Sunday.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/gi_RP8B30pQ[/youtube]
Enjoy!

Man... sorry about session 2. That was me that went by you at the beginning. Tires were shot, so I only had enough for one run at a fast time. I think I could have gotten it if we hadn't caught that red car. Going into 4/5, the tires were already dying... wish I could have at least stayed out and gotten out of your way earlier than pit-in.

You need to come back next year with NASA (Central or RM)... lots of fun!

... and I need to come down to Hallet and have some fun with you NASA Tx guys!

Tulsa, OK
No worries here man. I knew you were running faster than me on so I figured I would just let you by as soon as we started then maybe I could try to keep up. But I could tell you were struggling with grip...

I've never done a NASA event but I'm planning on doing a few next year. And I'd love to come back to MPH :)

Lots of fun to be had at Hallett, that's for sure!

JScheier said:
Man... sorry about session 2. That was me that went by you at the beginning. Tires were shot, so I only had enough for one run at a fast time. I think I could have gotten it if we hadn't caught that red car. Going into 4/5, the tires were already dying... wish I could have at least stayed out and gotten out of your way earlier than pit-in.

You need to come back next year with NASA (Central or RM)... lots of fun!

... and I need to come down to Hallet and have some fun with you NASA Tx guys!
Sucks you didn't get to log your hot lap from Friday when your tires were in better shape! Great times hanging out with you this weekend again man 8)

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
cloud9 said:
Great times hanging out with you this weekend again man 8)

Same here! Was good to see ya'll again (Kevin, Chad, Gary, Dean, Wayne, Joe....) and meet some new people.

Going forward (next year), it would be REALLY nice if we could have more time to meet / greet new people. Seems like there was more 'hurry up and go' this year than in previous years. Less time to mingle :)

smittytx said:
Here's some video of Sunday morning shot from Kevin's car when we were playing rabbit. I ran my fast lap in the first session after passing the 302S at the 7:00 minute mark and then shut it down when we ran into traffic.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80JJLWo0XSU[/youtube]

Kevin ran his fast lap after the 7:00 minute mark in the second session.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVtWVyeOzJw[/youtube]

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
AWESOMMMMMMMMMMMEEEE

You guys were really moving out there...looking forward to joining in 2014 now that my car and trailer are acquired and ready!

ArizonaGT said:
AWESOMMMMMMMMMMMEEEE

You guys were really moving out there...looking forward to joining in 2014 now that my car and trailer are acquired and ready!
Talk about AWESOMMMMMEEEE ;D Good thing we added the "Race Class" ;)

ArizonaGT said:
Looks like there will be some stiff competition there, I hope I can keep up! Maybe I need to get one of those fancy wings...

Those fancy wings do little against pure driving skill as I learned all too well this weekend. Very humbling driving with these guys this weekend. Despite getting my a$$ kicked, it was a great weekend and well worth the 8 hours to get there. Definitely in for next year!!

JScheier said:
Same here! Was good to see ya'll again (Kevin, Chad, Gary) and meet some new people.

Going forward (next year), it would be REALLY nice if we could have more time to meet / greet new people. Seems like there was more 'hurry up and go' this year than in previous years. Less time to mingle :)
Yea I think we need to get back to a FULL 3 day event next year. We've already discussed possibly moving the autocross to Friday afternoon, with optional road course practice Friday morning. That way we could have two full days of road course time on Saturday and Sunday. With three full days and more guys coming in Thursday night we'd have a little more "social" time I think. We'll definitely be taking feedback and working on continuous improvement!

LS110 said:
Those fancy wings do little against pure driving skill as I learned all too well this weekend. Very humbling driving with these guys this weekend. Despite getting my a$$ kicked, it was a great weekend and well worth the 8 hours to get there. Definitely in for next year!!
You did really well for your first time at MPH and we're glad you made the trip! In addition, your car looks and sounds awesome 8)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:
Here are some of the great cars that were still there on Sunday:

http://imageshack.us/a/img51/4695/zmdx.jpg[/mg]
[/quote]
Great turnout and all generations well-represented!

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
LS110 said:

Hey... MPH may look easy (since it's flat), but there are several corners there which take many sessions to get right... and even then, you may not have them right. Lots of places to carry speed too... but not too comfortably :)

For your first time at MPH, you did a great job and definitely looking forward to seeing you out there again next year!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel