The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

any body interested in a clutch group buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

this would be for the exedy clutch.
i would have to call and get pricing down but it would be similar to what i did for the forum members on the driveshafts.

just throwing this out there. if there is interest ill clear it with the forum boss.

steve-o

Go for it.

I'm still holding out hope that Ford will have a solution to my clutch/shifting problems but that hope is fading fast.

gremlinsteve said:
this would be for the exedy clutch.
i would have to call and get pricing down but it would be similar to what i did for the forum members on the driveshafts.

just throwing this out there. if there is interest ill clear it with the forum boss.

steve-o
I'd like to get a few track days in this season and see if I have any more issues. Any more failures and I'm in.

so be it.
ill get some numbers for the kits.

i would not hold out for ford or this made in turkey clutch that installed in these cars...lo

steve-o

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Steve - as we discussed, put me on that list. Based on any savings I may just get one and hold on to it until I need it.

-Pete

PS: Your harnesses are going out Monday from Boston. They have been upgraded to Hybrid-II's. I'll get back to you with where/how to return the Profi-II's.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Rehagen has Exedy clutches around 50% off, details: http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98473 Call before you order; Scott went over the fitments for the MT82 in another thread, I can't remember if we are 26 spline or 23 spline.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
ArizonaGT said:
Rehagen has Exedy clutches around 50% off, details: http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98473 Call before you order; Scott went over the fitments for the MT82 in another thread, I can't remember if we are 26 spline or 23 spline.
MT-82 is 23 I am pretty sure.

ill k now prices on monday. if i cant get this goping for less than that ill not waste our time.
ill let every one know soon what i can get this done for

here are our options on this.

exedy clutches.
i can do the stage 1 or stage 2 or the hyper multi's
prices vary on each one but not by much. until you get into that hyper one, and its kinda pricey.

i can also do the act clutches.

that being said, which one would you like if you wanted one from act?

fm13-sps o a fm13-spg6 or a fm13-spr6

the r is for race. s is for the street cars and the g is a hybred for the street and race.

steve

just for giggles here are some numbers right now.
stage 2 6 pad street/race clutch for the boss with a lightweight flywheel.
rated for 650 ft pounds torque.
flywheel is 15 pounds and the clutch is 11 inches in diameter.

looking at 540 bucks.

the engagement is A stock to low pedal feel; aggressive engagement with stock to low to moderate gear rattle

this is a act clutch. there are a lot of different systems from act for the cars.

they do.
i am thinking there the same parts you have in fact.
if i remember right they make the same clutch you have

i can do those even. but that price is going to be higher.
and again, without input from some one act has alot of clutches for these cars. i need to know what people want so i can get it going.

not every one can afford that high dollar system. nor need it. i think the sateg one system would be fine for the majority of people. or the stage two.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel