The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302 Third Brake Light Decal

Do you like this, or have a better idea?

• Yes

Votes: 37 86.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I wanted somthing to indicate my car is a boss from the back, and contacted WWW.BOBWHITEDECALS.COM
He is an authorized Ford Decal supply/maker.
He made me a decal for my third brake light.
Here it is. Bob only uses 3-M tape so it is quality.
You can order them by calling him at 561-483-3526, TELL him you want one like
Richard in Texas got, they fit perfectly..........
67188099.jpg

He charged me around 25.00 but I had him custom make it with boss 302 letters like that are on the stripes, and original boss 302 art. This was the 1st one he has done. Hopefully now he has the mold...lol. ;D
You need to call him, He is about to have a surgery and will be gone for a while.
Super nice man, pray for him.
Again his number is 561-483-3526.

LING952,

Thanks for the information! I was able to speak with Mr. White and he is a great guy. I ordered the third brake light decal just as you have and when it arrived, I couldn't be happier.

It was of course very easy to install and more amazing, he threw in an extra "BOSS 302" brake light decal which I will give to another Boss owner I met a few weeks ago here in my home town. With the extra decal, he also sent me two white pony's which the directions indicate they are for the side mirrors.....but I will just leave them alone for now unless I find a good spot for them.

If anyone is seriously interested about the 3rd brake light....give BOB WHITE a call. You'll be very happy with the results!!!

Bob White decals added another BOSS 302 third brake light decal to his
offers.
I took my old one off, was not easy, and put the new one on today.
Its bolder letters, and has horses on each side.
hpim0529640x486.jpg

Sorry, I should have explained, the 3m decals are made to last, not take off .
I had to use alcohol, and wax and my finger to carefully remove the old one a little at a time until it was all off. The areas around top, sides and bottoms break up , and I did not want to scratch my red lens.
I am not worred about them coming off, they are quality vinyl, and good adhesive. I did not try a hair dryer.

98RedGT

2012 #552
Thanks for the explanation. I asked because anything I do to the Boss I like to be able to reverse without potential for damage. Wonder if Bob White has any suggestions on how to best take it off.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
If it's the same adhesive I've seen on other 3M decals then any Bug & Tar remover should do the trick while obviously not harming paint or plastic. Like you said, Bob White should have the best info on this.

Thank you for the tip, I will try it if I EVER TAKE MINE OFF NOW.
Bob also has some new small black BOSS 302 with little horse for BACK side of side mirrors, He sent me two. Not sure if I will put them on, but the are nice.

TMO Supporting Vendors