The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss 302 Third Brake Light Decal

Do you like this, or have a better idea?

• Yes

Votes: 37 86.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If I were going to put the decal on, I would order another lense to put the decal on and save the original lense. To me, it would be worth the extra cost to have the original lense.

The decal does not affect original lense, just lets poeple know who/what just passed them LOL .
The 1st decal came off without any major work, (the one without horses)
I just put the one with horses on, and I can take it off now in about 30 minutes, clean lense, wax it, and its back just like when I got the car.
I do not plan to add anything else, I removed exhaust disk, saved them, have track key.
I might order a spare key one day but that is it.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Received mine yesterday - Bob sent the 2 lens decal (with and without the ponies on far left/right) was well as 2 white pony decals for mirrors. Not sure if I'm going to put them on but for the price he really did send a lot in the shipment considering I only ordered 1 decal for the 3'rd brake light.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Absolutely! Its all about customer service and he he's it figured out. Thanks for the heads up on him!

No problem, also if you damage your side stripes, he makes those for Ford, and sells them also. Wish the originals were reflective, he makes those also.
I do not remember if 1969 Bosses had reflective stripes, my 1970 Boss had them. They looked really nice at night.

Funny I found this post. I also felt the Boss should have something on the rear saying Boss. I was thinking about BOSS 302 on the right side of the trunk or middle. Not too big but not too small and a factory look not a dime store do it your self letter. He said he can make any thing we want. I will buy some cheap letters and pop them on just to get an idea and decide.

I removed the third brake light from a X girlfriend's car and took electrical tape on the inside and put "biznitch" We had a lot of fun with that one. She called me up one day and said a lady pulled up next to her and said she got a kick out of the third brake light. She said "what do you mean? The lady realized she didn't know about it and cracked up then told her she better check it!!!

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
this is perfect. I want people not to confuse my car for a V6 from behind. I will order a set next week. just hope it gets by state inspection. they made me take it off every year with the 06. I wish they would make boss type interior parts instead of just plain and "gt".

i just installed the orange decals from www.bobwhitedecals.com it looks nice, it took Me a little while to take the old one off, but it worked fine. I used my fingernail to remove the old one, I then cleaned area with alcohol, and put the new one on, then waxed again.
1ST. COMP/ORANGE ONE INSTALLED.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
LING952 said:
i just installed the orange decals from www.bobwhitedecals.com it looks nice, it took Me a little while to take the old one off, but it worked fine. I used my fingernail to remove the old one, I then cleaned area with alcohol, and put the new one on, then waxed again.

LING
Looks awesome! Best decal I've seen. Looks OEM. Don't worry about your fingernails. They'll grow back.

MMD

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
MakeMyDay said:
LING952 said:

LING
Looks awesome! Best decal I've seen. Looks OEM. Don't worry about your fingernails. They'll grow back.

MMD
I like the body color style. here are the ones that I have
480263_371646702867907_100000677422918_1187832_485115326_n.jpg

487673_371646409534603_100000677422918_1187830_481592300_n.jpg

jec246

I know this is an old thread, but this I think would go good with this Decal.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCJcLHON0V8&feature=g-all-u[/youtube]

TMO Supporting Vendors