The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

DOW 23,000+ today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shall we start a new thread titled: DOW 30,000 Today? :D

s-l500.jpg

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
But so far, the higher targets and a real, clear 'breakout' style move is yet to be seen. I'm thinking it's still possible later this year, but 2020 seems more likely now. I'm expecting a bit of consolidation at/just above these levels first.

It's my feeling that the breakout move is in progress now. DOW and S&P have been clearly hitting new highs and eventually any of the laggards will follow. So a bit later than I anticipated at the beginning of the year, and now earlier than I was guessing just a month ago. But I think the peak into upper 29,000 will be next year. I still think that 30k will be a big psychological barrier that will be first piled-on by every perma-short and his dog. And that nonsense will take a while to eventually push everything over that hump. I'm guessing over a year, after the 2020 elections.

While I'll only use short term caution as we head to the end of the year, I think there's no reason to be Chicken Little right now. Cash or trim some of the winners...not a bad idea. Enjoy some of the profits. There should be lots of tyme to see any cause for worry.

Grant 302

Nice move into options expiry today. Nice sales on short term 'bets' executed on targets, some at open and some just now. The breakout move seems pretty clear now. My hope is that it continues in relatively stable fashion. The volatility that I usually like comes with slightly higher cost when I have a strong directional bias. Even if id does provide buying opportunities for me in the weekly expirations. Fortunately, the option markets have a tendency to undervalue the risk of large directional moves like this.

It was good to see AMAT beat and give good guidance. I still have some shares from when I worked there. LRCX is charging at all time highs as well.

Grant 302

Nice strike on 28,000 right at the close.

My only doubt about blowing past 30k right away is the psychological barrier that it will be. It'll be nice if I'm wrong about the timing.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
There is not much optimism about the market going into 2020. The trend is still moving towards cash. Might be around 25% for the big boys but the pundits see that number rising. Of course I'm much higher than that but I'm also 4 year out of my retirement goal so my agenda is not as long term as it used to be. I rode that Blue Chip train for so long that I'm afraid now that the warranty is no longer valid. We all know what happens then.

Grant 302

30,000 is the next big hurtle, with 29,000 a step on the way...nothing's carved in stone...let's see how this plays out.....before we plan the parade................

Planning for the parade is better than not planning at all!

I'd rather predict and be wrong and let some form of hedge kick in...versus make no prediction and make no money.

29k will fall soon enough. Possible before the end of the year, and seems likely early next year.

Grant 302

Another new high hit (so far) today at 28,290.73

Not bad for a Friday the 13th...

Relatively calm and stable like I've been predicting/hoping for.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel