The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Fog Light Delete Inserts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi,

I have been working with Boss1815 to create fog light delete inserts that are the same size and shape as the factory ones, however, these have the honeycomb pattern opened up. The honeycombs are the same size, shape, and position as the factory ones. This part is being made on a 3D printer so there is some evidence of that in the final part. For example, the pull tab has epoxy added to it to ensure that during installation it will not break. Once it's in, it won't be a problem. So far there are around 20 cars (over the span of a few months) that have these inserts in them and none have yet broken or shown signs of wear. The plastic is a black ABS so it is very strong.

If you would like a set, the cost is $75 which includes shipping to the U.S. excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Parts are made once the order is placed and typically ship out within a day or two (depends on order quantity). Money can be sent through PayPal to [email protected]

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thank you!

14314869778_c69f574ecc_z_zps958645f3.png
gallery_14745_239_601724_zpsd823dc92.png
image_zpsf21fc1e8.png
post-7768-0-40998000-1404139573_zpsb46585ec.png

GB218

TMO Addict
I'm in for a set. Really like the look.

I'll post some pics when I install them.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you everyone that has so far ordered a set. Here are some installation instructions/tips:

1. Use an object that has a thin tip and is ideally not metal, so as to not scratch the plastic. Most have had great success with a Popsicle stick.
2. Insert the “tool” into the opening at the bottom of the insert, and lightly (not much force is needed) lift up the tool so push the pull tab up.
3. Pull forward and the factory insert will pop out.
4. Take the custom insert and align it at the top of the opening.
5. Lightly push the insert in until the pull tab is about to make contact with the lip inside.
6. Using the tool gently lift up the pull tab. Again, do not lift it very much, only a small amount is needed to clear the lip.
7. Push the insert fully in removing the tool at the same time.
8. The custom insert is now installed.

LTNYC said:
will these work in a 2012? I cut my covers out completely, but not sure if these will 'clip in' thx

These are designed specifically for the 2013 model. Sorry, I cannot say whether or not they will work on a 2012.

Here is the set that KDR-1 has received and kindly sent pics and feedback:

"Professionally made, packaged, and delivered. Thanks!"

Original
photo1_zpsdae2c155.png

Open
photo2_zpsd2e46496.png

Custom Insert
photo3_zpsf9ecf22e.png

Thanks!

GB218

TMO Addict
Greetings.

Just ordered a set for my brother. We really like the product. I've gotten quite a few compliments.

Fast shipping and item is well packed!

I'll get some pics up soon.

GB218 ~ Now if I can only find my owners kit . . .

cobrakidz said:
I heard that these are no longer available--is that true?

Yes, it's true. If Stefan starts making them again I'll let you know. His equipment is in a shipping container waiting to go to Serbia. He isn't sure if it is going to start making them again once he gets there. Shipping costs being the concern.

PhilTaylor

Track Attack 5-26-14
seca954 said:
I'm kicking myself in the butt for not ordering them.

Still waiting for him to resurface and understand what the international shipping damage is, and to see if a group buy to reduce the shipping gouge is possible.

PhilTaylor said:
Still waiting for him to resurface and understand what the international shipping damage is, and to see if a group buy to reduce the shipping gouge is possible.

At this point it doesn't seem likely that he is going to be making these anymore. Things could change, but right now he is on to other things. Last time I talked to him shipping would be somewhere around $40 - $50.

TMO Supporting Vendors