• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 News and Predictions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VoodooBoss

Rick
It's the King Cobra and not the GT350. It's doubtful Ford would announce a new model at SEMA but Ford Racing would. The GT350 will debut on November 17 right before the LA Auto Show opens and will be on display there.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/11/04/ford-mustang-king-cobra-spy-sema-2014/

mustang-king-cobra-sema-1.jpg
qargojntepr3oiuhpjgy.jpg

NFSBOSS said:
It's the King Cobra and not the GT350. It's doubtful Ford would announce a new model at SEMA but Ford Racing would. The GT350 will debut on November 17 right before the LA Auto Show opens and will be on display there.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/11/04/ford-mustang-king-cobra-spy-sema-2014/

mustang-king-cobra-sema-1.jpg

Good God, the Mustang II King Cobra was the absolute depth of automotive lameness, IMHO. However, jalopnik readers thought it was only the 3rd lamest Mustang ever. LMAO. Why resurrect that name?

http://jalopnik.com/5903015/the-ten-worst-special-edition-ford-mustangs/

I care.
I can't wait.
I've always wanted a gt350...for as long as I can remember. My dad had a 70 gt350 convertible but it wasn't the 'gt350' I had in mind. Mine was going to have to the lightweight track beast that the original was. I'm still holding out hope that this upcoming gt350 will be just that.
I'd love to go to LA for the unveiling but I'll be back at rally racing school the last few days of that week...bummer, huh?...but I'll we watching the forum closely for your scoop.

ok, I just dissected that video and a few things jumped out at me:

On specific product shots:
-I don't care about 'aluminum' pedals. I've always thought the ones in the boss sucked. it was the first thing I replaced (with SRP pedals) and I don't even track my car
- I do like the alcantara steering wheel but it's not much to write home about
- cool valve covers. cool.
- Michelin pilot super sports (looks like it from the tread design) with some 'mesh' shadows...probably a view from the other side of the speculated fender vent? cool
- those wheels? cool
- exhaust tip shot...ok
- but was that a shot of roofline crease right after that? why would they show that? maybe a CF roof? hey, if they're going to do CF wheels, why not CF hood / trunk lid / roof

unrelated to the cars:
Mark Fields is kind of a goober, but Jim Farley's got balls. I saw that guy racing his vintage cobra at Laguna Seca last year and he was driving it like he stole it. balls.

other:
Since the gt350 reveal is all but a 'lock' at this point and, hence, there's no drama / controversy to stir anymore on when we'll see it...the video's proportional use of road racing (FGT and Mustangs) and rally / rallycross footage makes me wonder if there could be a one-two punch ready for us in LA...gt350 and Focus RS reveals? Now, based on the little I know about PR it would seem like a better strategy to stagger two cool intro's such as those...but one can hope. I'm looking forward to both.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
I saw Jim Farley's name mentioned above. I read a personnel announcement by Ford in Automotive News Online yesterday and Jim was reassigned to Ford Europe. He will head up Fords marketing department there.

Looks like Ford is very committed to the successful release of the new S550 in Europe. I once saw a 60's Mustang from Germany, and it was called a "T5"

Looking forward to November 17th 2014.

Have fun and enjoy your Boss,
Dave
2HP

cloud9

Gary
302 Hi Pro said:
I saw Jim Farley's name mentioned above. I read a personnel announcement by Ford in Automotive News Online yesterday and Jim was reassigned to Ford Europe. He will head up Fords marketing department there.

Looks like Ford is very committed to the successful release of the new S550 in Europe. I once saw a 60's Mustang from Germany, and it was called a "T5"

Looking forward to November 17th 2014.

Have fun and enjoy your Boss,
Dave
2HP
The way I read it he's heading up the entire EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) operation, not just marketing.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2014/11/07/report-ford-ema-global-marketing-chiefs-to-switch-jobs/?intcmp=fbtopstories

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel