• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

NASA Road America - August 1st - 3rd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
roadhouse said:
Whoa...that track is seriously fast

I started looking at data last night (but then decided sleeping was a better idea)... nothing final yet, but RPM was nearing the top in 5th gear down the front straight and up to Canada Corner.... so yeah, seriously fast.

JScheier said:
I started looking at data last night (but then decided sleeping was a better idea)... nothing final yet, but RPM was nearing the top in 5th gear down the front straight and up to Canada Corner.... so yeah, seriously fast.

The long straight with barriers/trees looks awesome and terrifying at the same time :)

cloud9

Gary
roadhouse said:
The long straight with barriers/trees looks awesome and terrifying at the same time :)
Good description of Canada Corner especially when you factor in the Kink before you get there.. Going through the Kink at over 100 MPH with your right foot planted and 20 feet of runoff before concrete walls on either side is an interesting experience. I'm not sure but I assume it's called Canada Corner because you're heading North and if you miss the turn you're going so fast you'll be in Canada before you come to a stop :D

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Passing someone in that kink (or being passed) is also a serious pucker inducer. Not a lot of room in that mall.

cloud9 said:
Good description of Canada Corner especially when you factor in the Kink before you get there.. Going through the Kink at over 100 MPH with your right foot planted and 20 feet of runoff before concrete walls on either side is an interesting experience. I'm not sure but I assume it's called Canada Corner because you're heading North and if you miss the turn you're going so fast you'll be in Canada before you come to a stop :D

Seeing the "Hurry Downs" (Kink to Canada) in person makes you really appreciate Skeen's work at 4:00:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqo7bvtw_VA

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
He had at least two wheels in the grass... which leaves, what, 12-24" until the wall?

:eek:

I think I would have tried the other side :p

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
NASA Speed News just came out for September with an article on this event. Gary (Cloud9) is pictured on page 41 (upper left photo) and I'm pictured on page 43

LINK

If they get it back on the schedule, I'm coming back :)

cloud9

Gary
JScheier said:
NASA Speed News just came out for September with an article on this event. Gary (Cloud9) is pictured on page 41 (upper left photo) and I'm pictured on page 43

LINK

If they get it back on the schedule, I'm coming back :)
Cool! 8) It's a must at least once a year for me. NASA Central is planning two dates at BIR next summer and that's a little closer for you! You'll definitely want to try and make that one......plus all the hotels have water parks so Trey will be happy :D

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
cloud9 said:
Cool! 8) It's a must at least once a year for me. NASA Central is planning two dates at BIR next summer and that's a little closer for you!

32 whole miles closer! Thanks man ;)

VoodooBoss

Rick
Very cool. John who was driving the third comp orange Boss?

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
NFSBOSS said:
Very cool. John who was driving the third comp orange Boss?

No idea. Theresa got a photo series of the three of us heading up into and through 5, but I never got a chance to meet the driver. Too busy providing crowd support for Gary :)

cloud9

Gary
JScheier said:
No idea. Theresa got a photo series of the three of us heading up into and through 5, but I never got a chance to meet the driver. Too busy providing crowd support for Gary :)
:-[ A few Boss drivers stopped by to chat over the course of the weekend but I don't think they were in our group. There was one of the rare silver LS's in our group....good guy....his son races in AI I believe.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel