The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Stop Tech rotor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I thought these guys were a site sponsor, and way , if there's a dealer on here, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna need one of these for the right side.
20240517_162531.jpg
20240517_162609.jpg20240517_162609.jpg

Apparently, things like this only happen to me...

"
Robert,

We don't have any stock of the 127.61089R either, nor does our backup supplier or the manufacturer. (Centric makes these for StopTech)

There have been big changes in the StopTech brand since they and parent company Centric Parts were acquired by First Brands Group. StopTech's big brake kit business was shut down at the end of December. And many of the product lines are being pared back to only the 100 highest selling part numbers. It's likely that 127.61089L/R will be discontinued.

Sincerely,
David Zeckhausen"​

In the V6L
Apparently, things like this only happen to me...

"
Robert,

We don't have any stock of the 127.61089R either, nor does our backup supplier or the manufacturer. (Centric makes these for StopTech)

There have been big changes in the StopTech brand since they and parent company Centric Parts were acquired by First Brands Group. StopTech's big brake kit business was shut down at the end of December. And many of the product lines are being pared back to only the 100 highest selling part numbers. It's likely that 127.61089L/R will be discontinued.

Sincerely,
David Zeckhausen"​
Well, that sucks. There might be one in someone's warehouse, but that's a tough slog. You do have options, though. I wasn't joking when I said run a left rotor on the right - unless you're running at 10/10ths, it'll work fine. Or, get another left, take it apart and use the hat with a right side friction ring from someone's spare parts bin.

Or, fall back and start over. Return the rotor to CJP and use someone else's rotors. On that score, again, Dave Z is the guy who'll know which rotors work with whatever calipers you're using.

Well, that sucks. There might be one in someone's warehouse, but that's a tough slog. You do have options, though. I wasn't joking when I said run a left rotor on the right - unless you're running at 10/10ths, it'll work fine. Or, get another left, take it apart and use the hat with a right side friction ring from someone's spare parts bin.

Or, fall back and start over. Return the rotor to CJP and use someone else's rotors. On that score, again, Dave Z is the guy who'll know which rotors work with whatever calipers you're using.
Thanks

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
OEM Ford blanks FTW! Been running them for 8 years now and never had an issue. Yet. You can get them anywhere, Ford dealer, Rock Auto, just about any online joint will have them. And you can turn them at least once. Never been a fan of slotted/drilled rotors, they seem to crack a lot.

That is very interesting about Stoptech giving up on big brake kits - they seemed to be very popular across a lot of different cars. I wonder what's going on.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
South Carolina
Rob, don't know if you're interested but I have all 4 corners that I ran street only for maybe 5000 miles. Thickness is still near new, no cracks. Also have Hawk HPS pads and my OEM front calipers, which I replaced the seals and pins then painted. Don't know what they're worth, but shipping from central SC might be steep.20240311_174736.jpg20240311_174759.jpg

Ok, on a plane to Mid O, I won't have enough time between trips to change them at this point. I'll be at Pitt Race ( wherever that is) June 10 n 11, so I plan to burn up the stock Gt brakes and my pile of Hawk pads for now.
Thanks for the info, though.

racer47

Still winning after 30+ years
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
SE WI
If you really want slotted and drilled these are the same or damn near from rock auto. $240 for the pair minus 5% plus tax and probably $15 shippingrotors.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel