The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Gaming Driving Wheel Stand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA
I finally ordered the stand for my Logitech G27 gaming wheel set. I was tired of breaking it down every time I started a new class and never got any use from my iRacing account for 6 weeks or more at a time. Now I can drive for an hour (I need to practice VIR) and then put it aside. I also have the option now of playing it on the big screen TV. It is a pretty nice adjustable design and is stable. A little pricey but high quality - it doesn't look like someone just glued a bunch of PVC pipe together like some others I have seen.

G27-stand_zps48054408.jpg

Got it on Fleabay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120704991868

Ken that looks nice. How do you like it so far? My son keeps bugging me to get him a setup like this.

GA
Thanks Rick. I really like the G27 set. The wheel feel is very realistic. The pedals have good resistance so you can modulate the throttle, trail brake, and heel and toe pretty well. The paddle shifters on the wheel are nice. The 6-speed shifter has positive engagement so it is easy to get in the right gear. There are plenty of programmable buttons. The stand is very stable since it is heavy, and the G27 pedals have some weight too which helps even more. The stand is a high quality piece that you can feel will last. The whole set up will run you about $400-$500 with shipping. Very easy to assemble.

GA
Keavdog said:
Very nice. I have the same wheel/pedals/shifter. Does the stand slide at all? What platform/sim do you play?

Thanks. It doesn't move at all that I can tell so far. I used to pull the wheel off the table sometimes when the adrenaline really started pumping. ;D It is nice to have everything bolted on now. I have it on carpet but have not tried it on tile. The rubber feet are grippy.

I use it to play on a PC on iRacing mostly. I play Need for Speed games on my PC also.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel