• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

NW Shelby Club 40th Annual Midwest Invitational at Road America June 19-21

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud9

Gary
steveespo said:
Killing me, but yes Black Boss and I will be going. Trying to get pete and 2012-Boss(Steve K) to go too.
Wow that's great news! Now I'm looking forward to it even more. The biggest bonus will be there's a decent chance you guys can help me fix my car if I break it again ;D

cloud9

Gary
steveespo said:
Confirmed, 3 days on track Group 2, Staying at the Osthoff.
Gary you are coming East in 2016.
Steve
Nice. I'm at the Baymont Inn in Plymouth. Confirmed for 3 days in Group 1. Fair enough as I'd love to run somewhere new in my GT350.

cloud9

Gary
steveespo said:
Watkins Glen and Mid Ohio in '16
I was thinking the Glen too.......then I thought some more.......that's a lot of walls for a shiny brand new car :p Oh well nothing like breaking it in right.

cloud9

Gary
Smilieboy said:
I might be able to pull this off.
You might want to get a hotel booked if you're thinking about it. They fill up fast and you can always cancel. The email I got from NW Shelby Club said registrations are ahead of last year and this event always sells out so keep that in mind. They do put a waiting list together and I think there's still a decent chance to get in if you wait until it fills.

steveespo said:
Killing me, but yes Black Boss and I will be going. Trying to get pete and 2012-Boss(Steve K) to go too.

As Steve said, I'm booked. Never been to RA before, really looking forward to it :)

All 3 days, Group 1. Couldn't get into the Osthoff, booked 52 Stafford in Plymouth.

cloud9

Gary
If you're interested in doing some pre-reads on an S197 at RA, here are a couple of my favorite vids from last year's event.

http://youtu.be/kyyR7RRORRA?list=PLJ215rZqe6yDv2yLL0jYQCNILiG0U-eBI

http://youtu.be/JVHlyO7jqXk?list=PLJ215rZqe6yDv2yLL0jYQCNILiG0U-eBI

cloud9

Gary
steveespo said:
I will be tuning up on iRacing and Forza Motorsport for RA.
Saturday night get together at our suite, wives are welcome.
Steve
Sounds good we're looking forward to it.

ls110

John
I am in as well and have registered, including booking at the Baymont. The hotels fill up early so be sure to get on that soon. Sounding like a great group will be showing up this year.

I have played around some recently on the iRacing system and it is nice that RA is one of the track options. Love driving the F1 car at RA as it is amazingly sticky.

cloud9

Gary
LS110 said:
I am in as well and have registered, including booking at the Baymont. The hotels fill up early so be sure to get on that soon. Sounding like a great group will be showing up this year.

I have played around some recently on the iRacing system and it is nice that RA is one of the track options. Love driving the F1 car at RA as it is amazingly sticky.
I am looking forward to seeing your taillights as you whizz by me in the long straights with all that newfound horsepower :p

ls110

John
cloud9 said:
I am looking forward to seeing your taillights as you whizz by me in the long straights with all that newfound horsepower :p
LOL - Your saying that reminds me that that HP is only is good as the driver... thus I will still be looking at your tail lights whizzing by.

ls110

John
With that said, the added torque I picked up should help some on the long climb up the hill on the front straight.

cloud9

Gary
LS110 said:
With that said, the added torque I picked up should help some on the long climb up the hill on the front straight.
Good point. It will be a good place to take advantage of your new CJ intake.

ls110

John
steveespo said:
Need to hear from Pete In CT.......very quiet lately.

Pete's father passed away two weeks ago, and add to that he has been very consumed with some projects of late.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel