The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Picking up my Boss tomorrow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mine did. I made it all the way from San Diego to Salinas before needing to get gas. I remember because it took me 10 mins to figure out how to open the gas door! ::)

lol @ gas door, I expected some sort of latch since it doesn't have a cap.

Went to AAA to try to order plates so I don't have to wait all day at the DMV, and the local AAA office refused to order them and told me to do it from my computer. They have the forms and stuff but just didn't want to do it. Problem is the DMV site won't let you send it to AAA, just to the DMV offices.

Haven't bought a vehicle from a dealer yet who didn't fill the tank. I have heard of dealers not filling it if the customer was too snarky negotiating the deal, but it's generally considered tacky if not unprofessional and unappreciative if a dealer who sells you a car doesn't fill the tank for you.

I saw an article online where they tore down a Boss crate motor and it was a lot beefier internally (webbing, etc.) than the regular Coyote and had 4 bolt mains (don't know if the regular yotes have them). Is the motor in the production Bosses the same as the crate motor from Ford Racing?

CaliMR said:
I saw an article online where they tore down a Boss crate motor and it was a lot beefier internally (webbing, etc.) than the regular Coyote and had 4 bolt mains (don't know if the regular yotes have them). Is the motor in the production Bosses the same as the crate motor from Ford Racing?
That's a great question. The engines in the 302R/S are the same as the street cars and come from the same parts bin. The 302R engines are shipped to Roush for sealing but they are not modified (at least they weren't for 2011). I've seen a Boss crate engine ready for installation into a restamod and it looks the same on the outside. I suggest calling Ford Racing and ask them. I bet it's the same.

The one they tore down was significantly heavier duty looking than the regular Coyote they also tore down. Can't find the article though. It is nice they actually beefed up the block along with just dropping parts in it.

Found the article, it was about the crate versions of the old motors. I don't know how I didn't realize it from the picturesfacepalm.gif

So I have another noob question: Anyone else having issues with the bolsters on the seats? My left driver's butt bolster (not the back one, but the bottom one) the fabric is sort of loose and keeps rotating. I have to keep pulling it to get it back where it is supposed to be. It is only an inch or so but it is kind of annoying. Is this unusual for these seats, or is it just because I have a big butt? I know the Recaros in some other cars have had issues like the staples popping out, but haven't heard anything about these.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
That's known as "Pasta Butt Syndrome" and is known to negatively impact lap times. I have it too !

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I like your color choice :). the dealer filled my car up for me and acted like it was a big deal. they were going to put 87 in it and said dont bother with it unless you put 93 in it. they gave in and filled it up with 93. I wouldnt let them wash it either (was sitting outside on a car stand) it was almost brown it was so dirty. got it home to find to my dismay that the hood vinyl has swirls and two huge bird shiznit stains etched into it. I tried what I found on adams polish site to get them out to no avail...you cant see them in sunlight that much but in the garage they stand out like a sore thumb.

thanks ;D

So the seats are normal, yeah I haven't had pasta in months since I am having trouble fitting in the race bucket in my other car :-[ I guess this is just a little more motivation

CaliMR said:
So I have another noob question: Anyone else having issues with the bolsters on the seats? My left driver's butt bolster (not the back one, but the bottom one) the fabric is sort of loose and keeps rotating. I have to keep pulling it to get it back where it is supposed to be. It is only an inch or so but it is kind of annoying. Is this unusual for these seats, or is it just because I have a big butt? I know the Recaros in some other cars have had issues like the staples popping out, but haven't heard anything about these.
I have seen this on other cars, what I have been doing is to lower my self into the seat, this on any seat that has a bolster, then you have to lift your butt out of it, But you have to tell every one do not slide over the bolster.

I have to slide the seat back all the way to get in and out in my garage, since it is pretty narrow. Never had this issue with bolstered seats before, but my Tundra has loose seat skins too and I have to keep straightening them. The Recaros in my Evo were like brand new after 4 years, but they were pulled really tight.

I keep rubbing the bottom of the steering wheel with my leg getting in and out too, hopefully it doesn't wear the microsuede.

Boss3o2

CaliMR said:
lol @ gas door, I expected some sort of latch since it doesn't have a gas cap

When your car is locked, the gas lid will not open, for that exact reason. Congrats on the purchase :)

When your car is locked, the gas lid will not open, for that exact reason. Congrats on the purchase :)
[/quote]Really? just went out to the garage, Boss is locked with cover over her, pushed on the gas lid and it did open. Thought I had missed something, you do learn a lot on this forum.

Boss3o2 said:
CaliMR said:

I thought I have opened my gas lid as well when the car was locked.. i'm going to test that out as soon as I get home.

reakhavok said:
Boss3o2 said:
CaliMR said:

I thought I have opened my gas lid as well when the car was locked.. i'm going to test that out as soon as I get home.

The gas door CAN be opened even when your car IS LOCKED. This is why I bought a locking gas plug from Ford. It's about 20 something bucks and gives you peace of mind.

I bought the lock when I picked up the car, though not because I am worried about people stealing gas. We have a couple trucks with the capless fillers, and I don't like how much gunk gets in there. Especially after seeing the video of how the doors pull open at the track, since the gas door doesn't even have a latch.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel