The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Shelby GT350 Build..."HAN SOLO"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looking good. Did you have to drill any new holes? What wheels are you looking at?

Terrance,

Congrats on your new Shelby GT350! Mods look great! Can't wait to see it in person. You and Bruce need to get several generation pics. Something old, something new!

Best,

Jim

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
ArizonaBOSS said:
What are your plans for the wheels? 6GRs?
VoodooBOSS said:
Looking good. Did you have to drill any new holes? What wheels are you looking at?

The spoiler was a straight bolt in. All the mounting points are the same as the tech pack. As far as wheels I am going with the 6GR setup since those Forgeline GA1R's are just a little more than I want to spend right now.
image.png

CA302LS said:
Terrance,

Congrats on your new Shelby GT350! Mods look great! Can't wait to see it in person. You and Bruce need to get several generation pics. Something old, something new!

Best,

Jim
Thanks Jim. I will be hunting for Bruce at he next cars/coffee or Eurosunday so we can get some pics. As long as he doesn't decide to drive the VW Thing instead lol

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
Newest mods for the Shelby arrived. Not sure when I will install these lol. The Recaro car seat fits pretty well and matches the interior. We have two other 4 doors for family duty. Now at least I have the option to take the little guy along if we decide to drive to Utah for the GT350 Track Attack, Bakersfield for the GT350 Track Tour, or just out to a car show with the little guy.

DSC_0093.pngDSC_0097.pngDSC_0098.jpg

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
50Deep:

Congratulations Dad on the birth of your son, he is so cute! Enjoy every minute with him as they grow up so fast. Now you have 2 babies at home and the other one is named Shelby.

All the best,
Dave
302 Hi Pro

50Deep said:
Thanks bro. The little one is my first. shiznit just got real!

I hear ya man. The gt350 was my last "toy" before I prepare for massive ADMs (additional domestic markups).

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
krt22 said:
I hear ya man. The gt350 was my last "toy" before I prepare for massive ADMs (additional domestic markups).
That is the best I've heard anyone refer to it. The domestic ADM's was clever lol
TMSBOSS said:
Congrats!!

Yes, Very real.

My brother had the same seat for his son. Worked great for him.
That's good to hear. Excited to take the little guy out, but nervous of the blow out or milk back ups
302 Hi Pro said:
50Deep:

Congratulations Dad on the birth of your son, he is so cute! Enjoy every minute with him as they grow up so fast. Now you have 2 babies at home and the other one is named Shelby.

All the best,
Dave
302 Hi Pro
Thanks Dave. Someone at work suggested I name the kid Shelby if it was a girl. The thought never occurred to me, but it is a cool name. If we have a girl one day I wil pull for it

Bay Area
Nice car seat and congrats. My Ex told me she was preggo on Xmas day 2013. I just had the Boss for only 5 months and was like holy CRAP. I was excited and blurted out, "IM NOT SELLING MY BOSS" (yeah judge it you want).... BUT she said, "no babe I found a Recaro baby seat for the BOSS."

Although she had a miscarriage (dint be sorry), That WOMAN was a keeper..DOOOHHH!

Best of luck and have fun mang!

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
byronj said:
Nice car seat and congrats. My Ex told me she was preggo on Xmas day 2013. I just had the Boss for only 5 months and was like holy CRAP. I was excited and blurted out, "IM NOT SELLING MY BOSS" (yeah judge it you want).... BUT she said, "no babe I found a Recaro baby seat for the BOSS."

Although she had a miscarriage (dint be sorry), That WOMAN was a keeper..DOOOHHH!

Best of luck and have fun mang!
Yeah she sounded like a keeper for sure after the recaro suggestion lol. I have been down that road of losing a baby also. Sorry to hear that happened to you brother. Nature is a strange mistress...

Had a few odds and ends show up. Some expected, some not.

Got a few items in the mail. An invitation to the Track Tour which I will be attending at Buttonwillow. Hope to see some of you guys there. Also got a cool little owners pamphlet from Ford. Nothing GT350 specific, but cool. Last thing was a hand written thank you card from Steeda. I have NEVER gotten something like this from a parts company. I can say that the small amount of time and postage just earned them a customer for life.

DSC_0116_1.jpgDSC_0117.jpgDSC_0119_1.jpg

Parts wise I ordered some LED Diode Dynamics side maker lights. I installed them today in about 15 minutes. They look much better than the stock halogen bulbs. Wish Ford would have just gone all out with the LED's on the car, but it probably also kept the price down. Either way I think it was $80 well spent and I am happy with the quality and looks.

Before
DSC_0106_1.jpg

After
DSC_0100.jpg
DSC_0104_1.jpgDSC_0105_1.jpg
DSC_0107_1.jpg
DSC_0110_1.jpgDSC_0111.jpgDSC_0112.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Nice touch with the LEDs. Very cool that they come as a complete assembly vs. just a "bulb" you have to take apart (and then glue) the plastic housing to replace.

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
Went to Cars & Coffee this past weekend. Beautiful day. Saw this sick RWB Porsche. First one I have seen in person. I have seen build videos online, but the quality in person is stunning

DSC_0131.jpg

My brother @dTb also finally took delivery of his Competition Orange GT350 that he also ordered from Elk Grove Ford. Needless to say he is excited. Took a couple pics with his car and a few others out there. @Swedensky also had his all white GT350. Grins ear to ear

DSC_0140_1.jpgDSC_0135.jpgDSC_0143_1.jpgDSC_0141_1.jpg

Then I spent a little too long at the car show while the wife was at home with the baby. Soooooo it cost me a manicure/pedicure and I decided to put the car on ice for a few days to stay out of trouble

image_11.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel