The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Dead Cow's GT350 Experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oh I appreciate the humor. Yeah in the back of my mind I'm thinking "you're gonna trade your mustang ...for a miata?"

I’m with Bill. While the Miata may be cheaper on expendables at the end of the day it’s still just a Miata. I for one would rather drive my GT350 on track and listen to its glorious sound vs tracking a stripped Miata. I plan to haul Hoosiers on my forgestars to the track this season. It’s that or drive there on some cup2s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I was in the same weight range with my GT 350........then I had to stick my fat little body in the car and skew up the overall amount.

Nice hp figures to the rear wheels, and it shows why so many older Stangs ,even with engine mods can barely keep up to the 350?!

Last edited:
Oh ok this is good to know. The scale pic I posted above is with me in the car & 3/4 tank of fuel (I weigh 165#).

Without me in the car the weight was 3610#, which is why I thought something was fishy

Quick thread update:

I'll be out at Arizona motorsports park with NASA AZ on Saturday October 12 running in DE4 & UMS time attack. The car is ready to go with new rear tires, brake pads, and fluids. I've also updated my safety gear to include a Bell M8 helmet & Simpson Hybrid-S neck restraint.

Stop by and say hi

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
That is a great idea. Makes for a nice introduction as one steps up to the Full Time Trial Classification. I am going to mention this to our Regional Executive because some folks say they want to do it , but can't make the move. A less hectic intro could help many get into Time Trials at their own comfort zone?

TMO Supporting Vendors