The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TMO At The First GT350 Track Attack!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I pitted to get some space from a car I was following and re-entered the track just behind a red GT350 that I was Rick.....after 3 laps the session ended and when the arm came out the window to pit in there was a Monster logo on it.....turned out Vaugh was also driving a red GT350 8)

IMG_7754_zpspjyi7x3f.jpg

VoodooBOSS said:
For attendees check-in time for tomorrow morning is 8:30-9:00 not 7:45. See you tomorrow morning.

VoodooBOSS said:
Cars had 50 miles on them when we started. They will be well broken in by the end of the day. ;D

5DAC9059-E1B2-4DEC-B91C-A177E36538C7_zpsxkvlxldr.jpg

Sounds like they're not too concerned about the recommended break in of no track miles unti you hit 1k.

mattlqx

Mustangless
Airport security thought the trophy was an axe. lolz

Thanks for getting us together for the first TA, Rick! I enjoyed it a lot and learned a thing or two. Catch you at another track meeting in the future.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
Fantastic 2 days at the track. East course on day 1 was fun, technical and a good test for the GT350 and no incidents...

West course on day 2 was faster and more of a flowing course, ideal for the Boss 302FRS Race Cars. A few off course excursions for some TMO members, but what happens in Utah, stays in Utah :eek:

Spot the culprits:

image_zpsi9cp4ajr.jpg

Are you referring to that CLOUD of dust we saw?

The best compliment our group received was from Charlie Putnam when he told us the pace of our lead/follow sessions were the the fastest they've had since the nascar drivers were there a couple of years ago.

A big thanks to everyone that participated and the Ford Performance Racing School staff not only appreciated our pace but also thought we were one of the most fun groups they've had in a long time. 8)

An absolute blast again today. Anyone wondering if it's worth it, know that it definitely is worth the trip. Great facility, well run programs, well prepped and maintained cars and great people to share some great time on and off track with.

VoodooBOSS said:
Are you referring to that CLOUD of dust we saw?

The best compliment our group received was from Charlie Putnam when he told us the pace of our lead/follow sessions were the the fastest they've had since the nascar drivers were there a couple of years ago.

A big thanks to everyone that participated and the Ford Performance Racing School staff not only appreciated our pace but also thought we were one of the most fun groups they've had in a long time. 8)
Hey at least I didn't break anything in either car ;D

cloud9 said:
An absolute blast again today. Anyone wondering if it's worth it, know that it definitely is worth the trip. Great facility, well run programs, well prepped and maintained cars and great people to share some great time on and off track with.

Agreed - this was the best new track group I've ever had the pleasure to join. Nice people to a one, you all made us feel welcome, the track was well-designed and very safe, and the driving pace was much quicker than I've seen from other 'class' groups! #RaceWife and I both had a terrific time learning both the track, and enjoying the Mustangs, and we're looking forward to another visit.

Thanks for setting this up and getting the word out!
-Ben

Rick thanks for putting this together. Good group of people. Sorry I was so under the weather but still good to meet everyone. Hope everyone gets home safely!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel