The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Shelby American Automobile Club Convention:Mid Ohio 6/23-6/25. Any interest?.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
I am making plans to be at the SAAC Convention next June at Mid Ohio.

Mid Ohio is on my bucket lists of tracks to hit.

I believe this is a good "mid point" venue.

Any interest in have a Boss 302 get together at this convention? The Boss 302 as many know is part of Shelby history (as recognized on the Team Shelby forum web site) since Shelby competed in Trans Am in 1969 with Dan Gurney driving among others.

Thanks.

REAL 1

We should start making an attendance list for all that are going and book the rooms early.

Should be a lot of fun!!! :)

Great idea!

I may create a new BMO shirt that will have the two Bosses plus the GT350 on it and they would be perfect for this event. Stay tuned.

REAL 1

Re: Shelby American Automobile Club Convention:Mid Ohio 6/23-6/25. Any interest?

SAAC usually books up early and so does track time. Hotels in the area also get booked up early.

Are there garage spaces available at mid Ohio you can buy for the weekend?

I would start booking in Decmeber minimum.

Maybe a sticky for attendees who are going and booked hotel and track time? Oh, and ordered a shirt ;D

I am planning on going to this event, but am also worried about making sound. I spoke with someone at the track who said that a typical STOCK Mustang GT makes 95db at the sound booth. !! Yikes! I have the Borla "Touring" CAT back exhaust, which is Borla's quietest system. I still have my GT mufflers in the garage.

Does anyone have suggestions on making sound? My car is a 2012 GT with a CAI - and the Borla. That's it.

tetstang said:
I am planning on going to this event, but am also worried about making sound. I spoke with someone at the track who said that a typical STOCK Mustang GT makes 95db at the sound booth. !! Yikes! I have the Borla "Touring" CAT back exhaust, which is Borla's quietest system. I still have my GT mufflers in the garage.

Does anyone have suggestions on making sound? My car is a 2012 GT with a CAI - and the Borla. That's it.
Welcome to TMO. My Boss with 3/4" side discs and GT500 mufflers never had trouble making 90 db at Laguna Seca. I doubt a stock GT makes 95 db but it depends how far away the sound meter is located.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel