The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Opinions on selling...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient
Contemplating the sale of my Boss 302. Better to sell it complete with all my track goodies or sell the 4pt bar, brake cooling ducts, brake pads, harnesses, tow hook, axle reservoir separate?

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient
Because race car:

img_0203.jpg

After much thought and consideration, I have decided to go back to wheel 2 wheel racing.
This was the most affordable option to get back in. Without having a need to track the Boss, it kinda doesn't make much sense to keep it because tracking was one of the main reasons I got it.
Still a chance I may keep it, but I could use the money to get another trailer.

mcmmotorsports said:
For the record, I have not decided 100% that I am selling but it is likely.
So you are selling it, because you will be back to W2W racing and the Boss is not a good choice from financial stand point?

But why did you get the Boss at the first place?

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient
13Boss#3328 said:
So you are selling it, because you will be back to W2W racing and the Boss is not a good choice from financial stand point?

But why did you get the Boss at the first place?

Because I took a hiatus from racing and planned on satisfying my track bug with the Boss.

mcmmotorsports said:
Because I took a hiatus from racing and planned on satisfying my track bug with the Boss.

Good luck in your future racing plans.
If you are financially able to keep the Boss, please do, because I can see its price going up in the next 10-15 years, but if you sell it, you probably can get yourself the new Mustang.

Be safe

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I hear ya on W2W. Honestly part of the reason I went full racetard on mine is because you simply can't use all the capability of the BOSS on the street. :-/

But a pre-built ITR or whatever should be legit. Get some earplugs.

I'd consider buying some of those parts from you...I live very close to CT and could pick them up. Let me know.

I'm in a similar situation... would hate to loose the boss, but after tracking it a few times and getting reminded of the risks. I cant afford wrecking the boss on track.

Do what makes you happy, though like someone said you could hold out and get a brand new GT and race that. Probably still more expensive then the Integra.

Outside of financial hardship, racing would be the only reason I can think of that I would sell my Boss. If you have to do it, I support you. People who have never raced might not understand. ;)

I would part-out your aftermarket kit. You will do better with the parts and with the car itself.

Whatever you decide, good luck!

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient
F.D. Sako said:
I'm in a similar situation... would hate to loose the boss, but after tracking it a few times and getting reminded of the risks. I cant afford wrecking the boss on track.

BINGO!

Yeah, pretty sure all parts are going up for sale. I will start a separate thread for those.
JB, I sent you a PM.

Once the car is returned to stock, I will contemplate the next step. Thanks guys!

Oh, and for the record:

Watson Roll Bar with rear seat delete
(2) RaceTech Pro Ultralight harnesses with CoolTech bolt in clips and Schroth bolt in loops for sub belts
Hawk DTC-60's front and rear with only (6) 15 min sessions. Wear is minimal and will post specs and photos in other thread
FRPP Brake Cooling Duct kit
Pair of brand new Ford rotors for the rear
Blowfish front tow hook with LS splitter mount option
Shelby Rear Differential Reservoir

That is all that I have that will be up for sale.

F.D. Sako said:

Sako, it is funny you say that!

I used to have 2012 Subaru STI, I tracked for 1 year then the feeling of wrecking a new car at the track started infiltrating my brain, so I got myself 1999 M3 as a track car which was wrecked after 2 weeks of buying it by an idiot who broke the red light.
My blood started boiling and "Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? " Vaas said lol

So I sold the STI, got 13 Boss 302 for track " insanity" and 13 Honda Fit for DD.

And " Did I ever tell you the definition... of insanity?"

13Boss#3328 said:
Sako, it is funny you say that!

I used to have 2012 Subaru STI, I tracked for 1 year then the feeling of wrecking a new car at the track started infiltrating my brain, so I got myself 1999 M3 as a track car which was wrecked after 2 weeks of buying it by an idiot who broke the red light.
My blood started boiling and "Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? " Vaas said lol

So I sold the STI, got 13 Boss 302 for track " insanity" and 13 Honda Fit for DD.

And " Did I ever tell you the definition... of insanity?"

That sounds insane to me! haha. But probably something I would have done myself ::)

When I got the boss, it was intended to be my DD and occasional summer track car. But now, I DD a 2004 camry, and my views on track cars have changed. I knew I was going to run into this situation :-\
I can either pay this car off in the remaining 4 years then get a track car, or i can sell the boss now and get a track car... I just can't make up my mind!

So, Michael, does that front tow hook fit 2013s? loll

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel